Pirate 4x4 banner

Any good?

832 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  BigMike 
#1 ·
I found a t-case at a local yard from a 4 runner...99ish or so I belive...

I am wondering if it's worth my time to pull it to make a doubler...

To help out, its a V6, and if you are sitting in the drivers seat, you shift it back and it clicks onto 4H, and then slightly to the left and down, and it goes into 4L I don't remeber a neutral position...

So what you think guys?

#3 · (Edited)
The front diff is missing, but if I remeber correctly that it is a drivers side drop.

What do you mean dual planetary? Is it not like "other" toy cases where you unbolt the range box, and then botl it to the case so to speak?

Is it worth my time? I don't wanna waste it if it isn't

#4 ·
The front diff is missing, but if I remeber correctly that it is a drivers side drop.
No, no, I was wondering about your truck. I presume you wheel a rig of some kind?

What do you mean dual planetary? Is it not like "other" toy cases where you unbolt the range box, and then botl it to the case so to speak?
That is correct, it is not like the "other" gear drive Toyota transfer case.

This is a prehistoric description, but it gives you a good idea of the differences between the gear drive and the chain drive Toy t/case:
http://www.marlincrawler.com/htm/transfercase/gearvschain.htm

Is it worth my time? I don't wanna waste it if it isn't
In my opinion this depends on what application you intend to use it in. What year is your truck?

#6 ·
Cool, well it can be used injunction with a Gear Drive front Crawl Box that we offer known as a TacoBox (MC09).

This is our Tacoma/4Runner/Tundra "TacoBox".
Click here for an awesome 1300x1300 image: http://www.marlincrawler.com/images/mc09r10u_1300.jpg (note the Total-Spline input only available on a Marlin Crawler)

Marlin Crawler is the first company to offer a Tacoma Dual Crawler. Depending on what transmission you plan to use, you most likely only require our MC09 rear adapter plate, which allows a 4cyl gear drive reduction housing to bolt onto the front of a 1995-2004 Tacoma/4Runner/Tundra 4cyl, V6, or V8 transfer case.

Consider the following image:

These are options for a Tacoma/4Runner/Tundra owner who either wishes to retain their factory IFS suspension or use a solid axle front suspension. Of course you are interested in the setup pictured on the left which is the transfer case you found.

Just to toy the idea around some more, take a min to look at our TacoBox catalog page located at the following link: http://www.marlincrawler.com/htm/transfercase/taco_box.htm

The only bad thing I have to say about the chain drive t/case at this time is its weak input gear. In fact Marlin just got back from Rubicon yesterday to inspect one of our Dual Crawlers in a V8 Tundra. Over the phone it was suggested that our coupler stripped out, which would have been the first for a V8 Tundra, but instead the input to the Tundra V8 transfer case snapped off!! Crazy. Marlin said the coupler looked really, really good and was reused of course.

Gotta love those Marlin Crawler double roller bearings!!! oh yea!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.