Pirate 4x4 banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlin Springs VS. Trail Gear Springs

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  steveh 
#1 ·
I figured this is kind of a newbie question, but I need opinions from experienced people so I posted it here. Which leaf springs are an all around better choice? I'll be ordereing the front and rear kits for my 84 pickup, and cant decide to go with the TG or marlin kit. I've heard the imported springs will loose their arch after a year or 2, so that makes me want to go with the USA built marlin's. But the TG is a better value it seems like. BTW, this will be my DD and trail rig. Who here has experience with the TG springs?

#3 ·
They go out of their way to state that they are purchasing their springs from a company based in the USA. Bettes spring company has plants in Mexico, California, India and Indonesia. Springs made at different Betts plants have very different costs. I know how much springs cost from the USA plant and the wholesale price on those springs is above the retail that they are charging. Some customers were very shocked to receive springs with tags on them that said made in Indonesia when they specifically ordered the "USA springs". On their BBS they tried to explain how the leaves were made in the USA and then shipped over seas to have the clamps installed and then they were returned to the USA. I guess that is possible, but it sure seems like a long trip just to put on the clamps. I assume that MC is buying their springs from All Pro due to the fact that they now have All Pro part numbers painted right on them.

I believe that Trail-Gear springs are every bit as good as those sold by Marlin and All Pro. We also offer a free ground shipping on orders over $250.

#6 ·
do some research on the venders and make your choice. the springs are all going to be about the same so i would just pick who i wanted to give my money to. i am very happy with my hecho en mexico all pro springs.

#8 ·
Here is the gospel from a Mod.

Both companies offer quality springs, that perform virtually identical in real world use, so buy from the company you feel most comfortable with.

Either way, your going to get a great product.

Don't forget you can also buy from All Pro, yet a third company that offers a quality set of springs.

Buy from the vendor you like the best, or the one with the best out the door price, or the one that wears 2 different colored socks, whatever.

Start a pissing match, and with no hesitation I am bringing out the ban hammer, because i am tired of seeing the same shit posted every day, when people could take the time to scan the pages and see the previous days post of the same question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.