Pirate 4x4 banner

Custom tube frame with toy body

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  CronusTRD 
#1 ·
I have a rusted frame and was thinkin and looking to build my own and put my cab back on it.Anybody built there own frame??? Square tube or round?? And put all your toy stuff back in and on it?? I have been searching but maybe not using the right terminalogy

#2 ·
If you are keeping the body, then stick with something like 2 x 4 tubing. It wouldn't be all that hard to build, but if there are good quality used frames available, I'd just go that route.

Here in MI, good frames are non existant. If I'm able to follow my F-toy goal next year, I'll be building a 2.5 x 3.5 or 2.5 x 2.5 frame for it.(trail only, no comps).

#5 ·
Yep I've done it, fun stuff. I only did the back half, but I have a truck I'm getting ready to work on that will be the entire frame, production prototype. I have not yet decided if I want to do sq. tube or double round tube. Double round is probably more work but will look cooler and should be cheaper as far as materials go.

Here's my build up thread for Project Junior.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.