Pirate 4x4 banner

Need Camden supercharger parts

5K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  mdd0127 
#1 ·
My blower bit the dust. It's on my only truck and I need to put something that will make some boost back on it. I need some used lobes for an older camden blower for a 22r. I know it's a shot in the dark but if any of you guys have one that's broken, or incomplete, I really need it. Here's a measurement pic and some carnage shots.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Long story. Here goes if you're interested: I went through three air cleaners because they would collapse at full throttle:eek:, so I cut a piece of 1/2" tubing to sandwich between the air cleaner lid and the carb. I cut the piece big enough that it couldn't go down the carb if it did fall off. I never had problems with the air cleaner falling off again but the air cleaner lids were cutting through between the top washer and the tube insert.

Last time it cut through, I got another air cleaner lid from a honda but I didn't want it to cut through so I put a washer in on top of the tube insert. I made sure at least an inch of threads were going into the carb, put loctite and a lock washer on it and drove it for a few months. I checked the bolt for tightness every few days for a few months and it never loosened up.

About three days after the last time I checked it, I drove to the shop and everything was fine. I worked for a few hours and when I left, I got about two blocks and it died with a bang. I pushed it back to the shop, pulled the blower, got the washer out, sanded the high spots and nicks down on the lobes and put it back together. It was only making 6psi max instead of 8 but it was running fine.

I drove 20 miles home and it locked up the next morning. It still drove ok, just slow like a regular 22r. Amazingly, nothing got into the motor. A little piece of metal screen and some ultra grey saved my butt there.

It's my own stupid ass fault. I thought about the possibilities when I put the washer in there but I was sick of replacing air cleaner lids and didn't have a welder on hand to tack the washer to the insert. I am a tard. Stuff like this happens to me often because I usually don't have the tools/parts/money to really fix things the way I want them. That's my fault to. I work hard and know what I'm doing but I've always had a hard time making money.:confused:I don't necessarily deserve any help but I sure need some.

#7 ·
I'm assuming Atkins Rotary (Camden) would charge you an arm and a leg?

Funny thing.. or not so funny.. That's the 3rd Camden blower that I know of that's died of some sort of injestion of a foreign part. Your damage is pretty bad though...

Dunno where Atkins gets the rotors... You'd need to be a machinist to fab something that holds together.

Sorry to hear about it...

#9 ·
A complete one with just damaged pulleys went on ebay for 88 bucks. Keep your eyes out on there. Good luck finding one. Im in search for a whole one myself. My 350 is taking forever to build.

#11 ·
Well, Andy at atkins rotary got back to me. He said it would be $400 for them to rebuild it, or I could send in the lobes and shafts and he'd replace and final machine them for $200. Seals and bearings are $50. So if I rebuild it myself it will run $250. The belt tensioner fell off the bench and cracked the edge but it should be usable.
I traded what was left of my rock crawler for two 1L toyota diesel engines so I don't think I'm going to mess with rebuilding the blower. If anyone wants it, I'm putting it in the classifieds.

#13 ·
Don't assume the cases will match unless measured - I know they changed gear drive systems and redesigned the cases themselves over the years.. Highly likely they have the same rotors, but not 100% - the older units they won't service, they just replace.

If you can weld aluminum, do an Eaton m62...

Sorry to hear you're done with it... look forward to he next project!

#14 ·
I told him it was an older one and he said it was no problem. He installs the new lobes and final machines them to the required size then adds the teflon strips. I considered fitting an M62 but I need something that runs soon and cheap. I know the 1L is going to be a turd but it's better than a bicycle. I might throw a big turbo on the longblock and see if I can blow it up later though.

#15 ·
i juat got one from a friend he had it on a stock 22r and could not keep it from detonating i traded a stock intake manifold and a webber for his whole set up only thing is he doesnt have the pullys or the tensioner or the belt anymore can you help with that??? send me a pm if you want ti sell it for scrap or whtever thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.