Pirate 4x4 banner

Got screwed, need some help with swap

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Dr Tweak 
#1 ·
Hello there. my name is Andrew and my dream vehicle is a 1st gen 4runner solid axle with 35's and an exo cage. anywho i have been loking for 85 4runners for a while because then i wouldnt have to do a sas. any ways i found an 84 for 800 with a bad engine and an 88 truck that just needs a HG for 800. i though PERFECT just do a quick engine swap and a HG and il have a 22re straight axle 4runner for a decent price so i can have money left over to do lifts and what not. well i bought the 4runner from nevada and i am in the bay area. it looked a little beat but hey it was 800 bucks and i was replacing engine anyways. and the interior isnt impossibly expensive to gradualy replace. anyways friday night i picked up the donor truck . saturday i went to get the runner. checked it out, it looked ok, the guy said he sanded to the metal and repainted it. there was some ice on it and a little snow/frost. anywas we got home and after it all melted i noticed that basically the whole body was bondo. the entire drivers side a pillar was bondo. I was pissed. that guy totally screwed over a 17 year old. now grantid bondo is the end of the world but come on, he didnt even tell me that it was sold from california to nevada to clear its SALVAGE title. anyways after i was done being mad i found and bought an 88 4ruuner gutted rolling body for 400. it used to have a v6 and was all stripped ecept for the dash and what is behind that. so my plan is this, i would like to put the 88 runner body on the 84 runner frame and put the 88 truck engine+ecu+ harness in the 88runner. pluss take the steering box and calipers and the wider rear axle from the truck:) but my question is this, since this 88 4runner was a v6, will i be able to just hook the 22re engine harness right up to it no problem? cause the 84 frame already has accomodations for the 22re, just no wires, and the 88 truck has everything. please help me out. i havent really seen anyhting like this on the boards ive searched for a while. everyone just says to put a 3.4 in, but im already low on cash. some help would be nice. thank you.

Andrew

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.