Is It 5 O'clock Yet? 1982 After Hours Pick Up Build - Page 6 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Truck and 4Runner
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #126 (permalink)
I need a garage.

Member # 98895
Send a message via AIM to dezrik Send a message via MSN to dezrik Send a message via Yahoo to dezrik
I like it low , the wheelbase seems kinda limo like
dezrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #127 (permalink)

Member # 92430
I am going to try to keep the wheelbase under 118"... the shorter the better. My last truck was about that long and I really liked how it worked.
[CENTER][URL=http://www.synergysuspension.com][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"][FONT="Arial Black"]www[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR][I]SynergySuspension[/I][COLOR="White"].[/COLOR]com[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] ----> Click and download the new catalog!!![/CENTER]
slowtrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #128 (permalink)
PolyPerformance.com

Member # 50021
Send a message via Skype™ to onepersonriot
I used to run 112" or 113" and it pimped shit, maybe I'm just a good driver?
I would stay away from the threaded body air shock. If you turn them into coilovers you will have a fairly expensive shock that performs like a really shitty shock.

Buy real coilovers and you wont regret it!
7 JV
259 Tellico
onepersonriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #129 (permalink)
so call me maybe?

Member # 45812
Send a message via AIM to ]4RunnerKid[ Send a message via MSN to ]4RunnerKid[ Send a message via Yahoo to ]4RunnerKid[
Quote:
Originally Posted by onepersonriot View Post
maybe I'm just a good driver?

The Party Wagon
locked, geared, caged, 37s, party lights, dents

The Bad Grandpa
LBZ, 6-speed Allison, 4WD, TV, towing duties

Polygoats 4-Wheel Drive Club

Poly Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TysonS View Post
4 doors for more whores

Last edited by ]4RunnerKid[; 01-08-2010 at 02:15 PM.
]4RunnerKid[ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:23 PM   #130 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 85972
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowtrucks View Post
I am going to try to keep the wheelbase under 118"... the shorter the better. My last truck was about that long and I really liked how it worked.
truck is looking badass.
mine is at 117" now and i love it. it sits pretty low too, maybe 2" lift at most. yeah, the belly drags sooner now, but it hasn't stopped me yet, and it's been tested on numerous 4+ trails. i wouldn't want it any shorter due to the steep climbs i can do with it now.

Authorized Ruffstuff dealer- pm me for pirate discount and free shipping on orders over $100.

ADS Racing Shocks- I can save you money on those too!

Website http://hellfire-fabworks.com/
billybob13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #131 (permalink)

Member # 92430
Pulled the truck out tonight and flexed it out. Everything looks good, no binds. no rear steer or clearance issues. 909 gave me a sick pose bro! I then turned it around and pulled out the front axle..... lots to do now.
Attached Images

[CENTER][URL=http://www.synergysuspension.com][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"][FONT="Arial Black"]www[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR][I]SynergySuspension[/I][COLOR="White"].[/COLOR]com[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] ----> Click and download the new catalog!!![/CENTER]
Old 01-08-2010, 10:01 PM   #132 (permalink)

Member # 39660
Andy came down tonight huh? Have fun in Pismo if you guys go.

The collective writing skills of the PBB is equivalent to a blind down syndrome-afflicted monkey with no hands and epilepsy.
christyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:39 PM   #133 (permalink)

Member # 36464
3 or 4 link in the front.

This thing is going to be a beast!
Hottrod81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:53 AM   #134 (permalink)

Member # 92430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottrod81 View Post
3 or 4 link in the front.

This thing is going to be a beast!
I am not sure if it will be 3 or 4 link yet. The exhaust is going to make things tight. I am going to get everything cut off and then start mocking things up and running the suspension numbers. I would like a 4 link but it may be more work than I want to do.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #135 (permalink)

Member # 92430
Whoops the front fell off

OX Jeep came over and helped me cut and clean up the front end to get ready for the front suspension and engine cage.
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2010, 02:29 AM   #136 (permalink)

Member # 150615
sick build! any update's?
DIESEL DAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:23 PM   #137 (permalink)

Member # 92430
Update... time for my brain to do some work.

Things are getting very tight in the front suspension. Looks like it will have to be a 3 link or a 4 link with a track bar. I will have to run bent lower links and maybe bent uppers as well. I may have to cut into the notch on the frame the PO made for the exhaust to clear the upper link so the tire can turn to full lock. I also have to make a custom header on the passenger side. Progress is going to slow down a bit now. But I think I have a plan, take my time and think things out. I am going to build the lower links first, then mess with the uppers and a track bar.

What do you guys think? Should I do a 3 link with or a 4 link with a TB? The 3 link will have the upper link on the pumpkin, I am not sure if I really need to add the 4th link on the other side. There is going to be a lot of TIG welding on the pumpkin for the upper link.
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2010, 08:26 PM   #138 (permalink)

Member # 36464
Wow that is tight, do you think that you will have room for your exhaust?
Hottrod81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:36 PM   #139 (permalink)

Member # 92430
I think I can remove the header and cut out a section of the y-pipe before the collector to make it shorter and then put a sharp bend in the connection pipe to stay above the shaft. Or I will have to route the exhaust in front of the motor around to the drivers side.

The drive line is going to be very close to the transmission pan and starter. I may be able to get away with a one piece shaft if I make it out of small diameter tube. (fingers crossed) Or I am am going to throw down to a nice 2 piece.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:49 PM   #140 (permalink)

Member # 95108
Send a message via AIM to Maroon Monsoon Send a message via MSN to Maroon Monsoon
is there a thread for that vitara/tracker in the back ground? I love those things, I daily drive a Grand Vitara, it treats me well.

your truck is looking amazing by the way, love how it's turning out.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:11 PM   #141 (permalink)

Member # 105761
Great lookin build cant wait to see the finished product. I can hear my truck shaking already. Keep it up.
FKNFALON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:06 PM   #142 (permalink)

Member # 92430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon Monsoon View Post
is there a thread for that vitara/tracker in the back ground? I love those things, I daily drive a Grand Vitara, it treats me well.

your truck is looking amazing by the way, love how it's turning out.
Here is the link to the tracker build. My friend and co-worker Rob is building it. He is using the axles that came off my truck. We are both realizing how much work a "quick build" really is. It will be a nice ride when finished. He is doing most of the welding on my truck and we help each other out when second hands are needed. Thanks for the complements.

/forum/suzuki/851529-poly-performance-after-hours-build-project-snail-tracks.html
Old 01-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #143 (permalink)

Member # 95108
Send a message via AIM to Maroon Monsoon Send a message via MSN to Maroon Monsoon
sweet, if he's involed with your awesome truck, that tracker will definitely be nice.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:37 AM   #144 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 105212
progress?????????
Old 01-17-2010, 11:40 AM   #145 (permalink)

Member # 119963
Send a message via MSN to krazylarry
looks great lovin the limk set up and the chevy engin only one problem get rid of toyata and put a s10 on the frame
Old 01-17-2010, 01:03 PM   #146 (permalink)

Member # 70028
Im building a wishbone 3 link front because of thelack of room, i have a toy axle and my lower arms are going to be bent around the tire alot more then yours is going to be.. great looking build bro!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:11 AM   #147 (permalink)
Fab:30

Member # 112255
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversas13 View Post
Im building a wishbone 3 link front because of thelack of room, i have a toy axle and my lower arms are going to be bent around the tire alot more then yours is going to be.. great looking build bro!
The 4.3 is what's causing most of the packaging issues. The exhaust fills up pretty much all the room between the frame rails. A wishbone upper would still have the same issues. The lowers won't be an issue at all because this thing is so damn wide. Like he said, I think modifying the passenger side exhaust and running a single upper 3-link with panhard is the way to go.

Soooo... did you go to Laughlin this weekend or did you do work?
xo_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:16 AM   #148 (permalink)

Member # 39660
He didnt go to Laughlin. He did creep on my sister with a bunch of other pgoats at DTB tho...

Tyler, stop working on other people's rigs and get your heep done already!

The collective writing skills of the PBB is equivalent to a blind down syndrome-afflicted monkey with no hands and epilepsy.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:33 AM   #149 (permalink)
Fab:30

Member # 112255
But everyone else has more money to throw at their rigs and cooler parts. Guy is coming down this weekend and we are swapping flywheels. This is *supposed* to fix the problem. If it will start, I will have motivation to work on it. You should come up this weekend for a night.
[/hijack]
xo_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:44 AM   #150 (permalink)

Member # 39660
Hmmm...maybe I just might...looks like it should be an awesome weekend for snow tho....ill call you before the weekend.