Pirate 4x4 banner

Body swap from 82 reg cab long box to t100 reg cab long box

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  weigellj 
#1 ·
Just wondering if this will work, here is what I have to work with.....

1982 solid axle frame in mint condition (for wisconsin), that has all of the AA adapters and a healthy built 350 chevy to 350t to toyota AA t-case with all custom made driveshafts. 6" lift, yada yada yada....

Fairly decent 82 sr5 cab with sunroof (for sale if this works)

Friend of mine, knows where I can get a 2wd 94 T100 reg cab long box with a shot engine (3.0 suprised it is bad).

I found that the wheelbase is 121.8" for the T100 regular cab and also the T100 extended cab.

What exactly is the wheelbase for the 82 reg cab long box. The FAQ seems to vary for that year?

Will the T100 body/box, fit on a older style frame, or is the T100 frame wider?

Would the front two body (by Rad)mounts on the T100 line up with the 82 Frame mounts? I know that a 89 cab will line up on front mounts and under feet mounts on a 85 frame.

If the wheelbase is close, I can make it work. I figure, install the T100 rear axle to the 82 frame and run spacers in front to make up for the width diff. Then install the cab/box and wire it all in.

I thought about doing a spring over on the t100 frame, but I Think the cab swap would be the easier route.

Any info, flames, offers are appreciated :D

See less See more
#3 ·
Awsome....

So i Take it, going the solid axle route on the T-100 would be the only reasonable way to do it, Along with putting the 350 and everything else in it.

Anyone know if a 2wd t-100 rear axle is 5-bolt or 6-bolt?

Anyone know how much wider a t-100 frame is compared to a mini truck?

So that leaves me with parts to sell
:D

#4 ·
Anyone know if a 2wd t-100 rear axle is 5-bolt or 6-bolt?

Found one of my questions on another board, the 2wd is a 6-bolt, but the spring is under the axle. Not really to big of a problem

Anyone know if the t-case mounting/design for the t100 is the same as the mini's?

Been searching for a while on different boards. Not too much info on swapping the 350 in or SAS on them. I would imagine it is not much more difficult than in a mini.

#6 ·
I have actually only seen one T-100 up close, the frame and the independent stuff dam near looked the same as the mini's. Only reason I wanted to use the 82 frame is that it is already set up for everything, but the more I think about it, it probably would be easier just setting the v8 in and use the toyota adapters and doing the Solid axle swap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.