Pirate 4x4 banner

Chevy calipers?

792 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Lowtorious 
#1 ·
So I've been searching for info on putting disks in the rear, and the only homemade setups I've seen use chevy rotors and cadillac calipers. Why not use the chevy calipers? What am I missing here?

#6 ·
I think what he meant was he swapped sides (i.e. put the right side caliper on the left and left hand caliper on the right) so that the bleeder is on the top of the caliper, making bleeding the system of air easier.

-Scott

#8 ·
What I'm not sure of is why disc conversions on Toys haven't been done using front Toy IFS calipers and front Toy IFS discs? I realize you wouldn't have the e-brake on the wheel but it could be relocated to the t-case. I'm looking to do a disc conversion using monte carlo calipers and chevy discs.

#10 ·
SCOTTS_4X said:
I think what he meant was he swapped sides (i.e. put the right side caliper on the left and left hand caliper on the right) so that the bleeder is on the top of the caliper, making bleeding the system of air easier.

-Scott
This is exactly what I meant. I bought weld-on backing plates from Bent and Twisted for about $14 a piece. I'm running a full width 9", not a toy axle though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.