Pirate 4x4 banner

cut rocker panels

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  chris672 
#1 ·
Has anybody done anything like this on their toyota?? Seems like it would work alot better than sliders.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks a tad overkill....I like it! :flipoff2: NOt awar of anyone doing it to a Toyota though. Jeeps have that lip before you hit the bottom of the door making this doale, but still being able to use doors...not to easy for us.

Looks like a PITA to gte in/out of as well :flipoff2:

#3 ·
Mine are cut like that but I don't think it would be possible to do if you ever planned to run doors again. Also, up near the firewall you end up with a big hole leaving the fuse box and ECU susceptible so you have to do something about that. I probably gained 4 or 5" by getting rid of the rockers.

#7 ·
I'm thinking about cutting the door too. So when the door is off there would be like a 6" lip there, kinda like jeeps. Yeah a pain the in ass to get in and out, but the added clearance would be worth it. There were some pics around here where a guy had cut his doors at an angle like that, but i dont remember who.

#9 ·
TTURokToy said:
Found em.

i dont' think he actually cut into the body though.
That's Brian's rig. I believe him and SLOCrawler designed the doors, they are actually cut and plated where the black line starts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.