Pirate 4x4 banner

ott pitman comparo

3K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  Wilson 
#1 ·
here are some pics of the new ott pitman compared to the stocker. these are just showing the difference in drop, for spring clearance, etc

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
I believe that in Canada you are not allowed to run heim joints on a steering system. So they have gotten pretty good at making due with rod ends.
I am sure that they can ream whatever taper you want..

#14 ·
Thanks for posting the pics, I've sent OTT 2 emails asking for exactly that info. 1/2" is a good start but like the other guys above I need one that's damn near flat. I'm running stock waggies in stock mounts and the spring hits the pitman bad. Does anyone have simular pics of the Land Cruiser pitman?

Travis

#18 ·
i think you are getting more like 3/4" more clearance.
my box on my 79 is far forward but we didnt tilt too much cuz of the body mount,
this clarified my prob with draglink to spring issues.
i am running rears up front, hanger dropped like 1" or something and 31" doetch techs, now my spring just goes into negative, and i will be able to put the pins back where they belong too, since the arm is a little shorter, my DL and TR were hitting just a little, so i will end up having the front axle 3.5 forward of stock.

right now i am saving for those 37" mickeys and Trailreadys beadlocks

#26 ·
bobjohnson said:

That arm looks exactly like the old style ott arm sitting right in front of me. Did they come on any cruisers besides the 75.
Not in Aus they didn't but the 80 series is even flatter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.