Pirate 4x4 banner

Buick 3.8l motor mounts

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  greenyota 
#1 ·
i need some idea's for 3.8l motor mounts for this swap i am doing, the engine has to be in for the weekend and i dont want these mounts to be built underkilled... Pictures would be killer, but if you just wanna diss me for putting in a 3.8 then go ahead.. :flipoff2: i shoulda gone for a small block........

#5 ·
greenyota said:
Did you use the stock location? like where the 22r bolts up ??? is that to far forward? I bought the stock Rubber Motor mounts that are used on the 3.8 i just gotta figure out what to do to mount them to the frame....
My setup uses adapters between the 3.8 and the stock 22R mounts, in the stock location. The TH-350 and adapter are the same length as the Toy 5 spd, so the t-case remains in the stock location also. It's the Downey setup from the mid-80's, which I think is like the TCK setup.

If you really want pics, send me a reminder e-mail. Here's a kinda crappy pic of how the 231 sits in the engine bay.

#6 ·
Well, what i am doing is going from the Buick V6 to a Sm465, then to a Dana300, the overall length of the trans w/bellhousing and T-case is 39" and the stock toyota is 34" i believe.. so i dont really care where it sits as i have to build a new cross member anyways. does anyone have pictures of the mounts that attach to the frame? not the stock Toyota location??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.