Pirate 4x4 banner

Best Deal on Orbital Valve and ram?

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  madmarx 
#1 ·
I talked to a guy some time back about an orbital valve and ram he got for 275 and he gave me the number but I have lost it. Anyone else get their ram for cheap and where and number is appreciated.
erik

#3 ·
convertiyota said:
Go to the bulleting board on www.tennessee4x4.com and look in the for sale section for a post by a guy name Hostelton Offroad or something like that. The post is probably a month old now. He had real good deals on Charlynn valves w/ rams. HTH
Or search under a post on PBB by me for full hydro. I have 2 or 3 of them and one of them has the number for Alvin. I got my setup from him for 278 shipped.

That included the used valve, new ram and ounting blocks. Great deal, got it in under a week. My brother got the same.

Dont forget you're gonna need a 10in. ram for those rockwells. he dosent know a whole lot about ram length unless you're talkin Dana's. BTW, get the 2.5 " too.

#4 ·
Another recommendation for Alvin Hoselton. He is a stand up guy. Station on this BB is a really guy for hydro stuff also. If you get an internal spline orbital, I found a Char-Lynn part number for a 12 spline piece that will weld in to a .750 ID tubing and just plug into the orbital valve. It was Eaton part number 8063 and was less than $15. Much neater than welding to the tower. I am using a Borgeson 3/4 bore ujoint with a 3/4 DD on the other end toconnect it to my stock steering column. I should have it finished up tomorrow.

Mark

#5 ·
Thanks tyty I think it was you I was talking to last time. I'm gunna run an 8 inch ram because I plan on running high steer and running a shorter arm on each side. 10 rams are aweful long and an 8 inch will work fine with the shorter arms. Thanks again
erik

#7 ·
he is going to try making his own unless you have a good cheep source for them.:D

#9 ·
Man I try calling that guy and his phone just rings and rings! Anyone else had this problem? Where does he live and I can call information for his number. Does he work elsewhere so he is only at that number once in a while? thanks
erik

#11 ·
Or try his fax #

(931)461-8371

He lives here in Middle Tennesse - though not sure what town/city. Name is Alvin Hoselton

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.