Pirate 4x4 banner

Detroit electric locker?????

1K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  TR 
#1 ·
#2 ·
i cant see the use, arb or toyota is basically the same thing as i dont think you need a LSD for daily driving and alot of the time the LSD center shit out anyway.

NICK

#4 ·
I have been looking for lockers since I need to replace my Lock-Rite before it explodes. With the snow here in Colorado, I would like a selectable locker.

I like the factory E-lockers very much. Ridden in a lot of rigs with them. I like ARBs too, but reliability is as good as the installation - maybe good forever, maybe not.

There are 2 things I would like about the Eaton.

1. It is a posi when not engaged. Perfect for snow use.

This is the thing I would like about the Ox-locker if it were possible to have one for the Toyota as well:

2. It will bolt in, in place of the normal 3rd memeber without cutting and grinding.

I don't mind cutting, grinding, welding, etc. I just think that having a spare that would bolt in would be more feasible than picking up another e-locker from Toyota.

My $.02

#10 ·
*CAUTION: THIS POST CONTAINS HEARSAY AND CONJECTURE*

I have a friend that contacted Detroit about this thing. They said that they had no intention of bringing it out for toy 8". They said toyota had threatened to take them to court over it if they did. Something to do with the toy e-lockers. It doesn't make much sense to me, but that is what they told him.

#15 ·
NIC said:
speaking of that DRM, i have seen alot of lockers break, but has anyone ever broken a spool?

NICK
Never heard of anyone breaking one. That would be really difficult, since its just a chunk of metal. I bet Camo has or could do it:flipoff2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.