Pirate 4x4 banner

Low & Slow 84 *Quad Cab project*

278K views 460 replies 201 participants last post by  85YotaMan 
#1 · (Edited)
Low & Slow 84 Quad Cab

Hi guys, decided to try to ad my build to pirate. It's been average up until recently and thought with any luck it might be of interest to some of you guys on here.

Started with this

added the usual:

crossover

bobbed

doubled and geared

ruf

square d-line

chevys

built half doors and fresh paint

See less See more
#400 ·
Youve heard this so much now it wont even phase you but Im amazed at the level of quality in your work as well as your ingenuity. Ive been thinking of turning my suzuki samurai into a four door and this build gave me so many ideas. Im really looking forward to seeing those rear doors turn out.

-Webb

#407 ·
I've wanted a doublecab ever since I first learned that they existed elsewhere on this planet. Hopefully by the Fall I can start working on my own version - you've definitely inspired me to give it a try!

#417 ·
so i've gone green, and replaced the bald iroks with 35 km2s which ended up being 1-1/2" taller than my old tires

put in a heater, summit brand. Made a panel to mount ducts, control, and 12V plug

this is as far as I got on the rear doors before it started warming up again

picked this up from a friend, going to replace the lock and clean it up. Going to turn my twin sticks into triple to make room for this in the center

also started on a rear speaker bar to mount on the ceiling between the front and rear seats, will have map lights for rear passengers

I have the rear spare carrier planned out, just need to get the spindle and start building. Also have a CAD model of the front bumper i'll have to grab from work, i'll take an ISO shot to post. I switched jobs from graphics to mechanical drafter/designer just about a year ago and they keep me pretty busy, but i'll try to keep this updated much better than I have the last year.

#422 · (Edited)
Can't see any of the pics on the first page for some reason

*Edit-98% of the pics aren't working....maybe it's on my end. Either way, from what I could see this looks like some great work. Well done

#423 ·
I still can't see the vast majority of the pictures, anybody else or are me and wyjax just having issues :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.