Low & Slow 84 *Quad Cab project* - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Truck and 4Runner
Notices

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 12:38 PM   #26 (permalink)
I See You
 
Provience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member # 138976
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 3,779
I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but that is sweeeet
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member # 144916
Location: "Palm Springs of WA."...my ass
Posts: 136
That is bad ass! Can't wait to see some more pics. I've been contemplating doing something similiar only on a 1st gen. truck... Just curious, what do you have planned for the rear door glass? Are you going to make them roll up and down, or just make some matching half doors?

Keep up the good work, and keep us updated! ...SUBSCRIBED
rustEDtoy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member # 91723
Location: South Valley CA
Posts: 124
Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustEDtoy83 View Post
That is bad ass! Can't wait to see some more pics. I've been contemplating doing something similiar only on a 1st gen. truck... Just curious, what do you have planned for the rear door glass? Are you going to make them roll up and down, or just make some matching half doors?

Keep up the good work, and keep us updated! ...SUBSCRIBED
I will be making a set of full doors for the back, i'm going to try to use lexan or something similar for the back windows. They will not be able to roll all the way down and i'll have to see what i can come up with. For summer wheeling i'll make some new tube doors or half/tube door hybrid kind of thing for all 4 doors
__________________
the runt of the group - 84 quad cab project
Talon84x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered user
 
bdatud4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Member # 117525
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
Posts: 91
that's sick dude, I have been thinking of doing that to my truck and now I'm sure it needs to be done. Keep up the work

Last edited by bdatud4x4; 05-21-2010 at 04:38 PM.
bdatud4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member # 144916
Location: "Palm Springs of WA."...my ass
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon84x4 View Post
Thanks guys



I will be making a set of full doors for the back, i'm going to try to use lexan or something similar for the back windows. They will not be able to roll all the way down and i'll have to see what i can come up with. For summer wheeling i'll make some new tube doors or half/tube door hybrid kind of thing for all 4 doors
That will look bitchin...I was wondering as far as glass for the doors, how hard it would be to get some actual dual cab rear roll up door windows from like Canada or Aussie, I'm sure replacement glass is still available...Of course shipping costs might not be worth it
rustEDtoy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:59 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Hottrod81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member # 36464
Location: Dust Bowl, CA
Posts: 2,462
Do you want to get rid of your half doors yet Talon.
Hottrod81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered User
 
sucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member # 147955
Location: Colorado
Posts: 389
I was thinking of doing the same thing, nice to know it can be done. Now to find a few spare trucks.....keep up the work I want to see this thing through.
__________________
I just like to do stuff and see what happens
sucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:24 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered User
 
turtlefast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Member # 99285
Location: virginia
Posts: 155
awsome!!!
turtlefast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:13 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Member # 140757
Location: manitoba
Posts: 25
very sweet build!
r_gillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:20 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member # 91723
Location: South Valley CA
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustEDtoy83 View Post
That will look bitchin...I was wondering as far as glass for the doors, how hard it would be to get some actual dual cab rear roll up door windows from like Canada or Aussie, I'm sure replacement glass is still available...Of course shipping costs might not be worth it
I thought about that, and after seeing some pics of the original 4doors I can't tell if the glass would work in mine as I don't have any measurements



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottrod81 View Post
Do you want to get rid of your half doors yet Talon.
Yes, but they could use a little bit of work. Do you still have those shocks?


got the fenders figured out




__________________
the runt of the group - 84 quad cab project
Talon84x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:48 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Hottrod81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member # 36464
Location: Dust Bowl, CA
Posts: 2,462
I still have the shocks.

The wheel wells are turning out sweet.
Hottrod81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:18 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Member # 66056
Posts: 71
You do great work!! When you did your ruf did you use the stock front hanger?
foxsuperduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Member # 24631
Posts: 318
it appears so...

nice work
angeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Brothergrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Member # 23319
Location: Playing in Traffic
Posts: 207
Looks great. Last fall I strated something similar last fall and I am all most done with it.
Keep up the good work.
__________________
KI6ZFZ
Cal 4 Wheel, UFWDA, BRC, SEMA Action Network, & NorCal 4 Wheelers

Last edited by Brothergrim; 05-22-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Brothergrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:11 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered User
 
tacoabuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member # 157534
Location: Satan Barbara Ca.
Posts: 136
very cool.
tacoabuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member # 144916
Location: "Palm Springs of WA."...my ass
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothergrim View Post
Looks great. Last fall I strated something similar last fall and I am all most done with it.
Keep up the good work.

Let's see some pics
rustEDtoy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member # 144916
Location: "Palm Springs of WA."...my ass
Posts: 136
Quote:
I thought about that, and after seeing some pics of the original 4doors I can't tell if the glass would work in mine as I don't have any measurements



You might be able to ask TUF-35T for the rear window dimensions, as he is currently working on a 86' dual cab... couldn't hurt to ask
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644353
rustEDtoy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Brothergrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Member # 23319
Location: Playing in Traffic
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustEDtoy83 View Post
Let's see some pics


89 PU frame with an 92 4Runner body cut down.
__________________
KI6ZFZ
Cal 4 Wheel, UFWDA, BRC, SEMA Action Network, & NorCal 4 Wheelers
Brothergrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member # 91723
Location: South Valley CA
Posts: 124
Just looking at the above pictures, maybe I can split the window into two pieces that way the front larger part can roll all the way down, and the back smaller window is stationary
__________________
the runt of the group - 84 quad cab project
Talon84x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #45 (permalink)
Lets Ride
 
ricsrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member # 131553
Location: Riverton Utah
Posts: 338
I am looking at the same thing with a first gen, but I am making my doors first mainly because of how every one is asking about the door glass and being able to roll them down, then build the cab around them.
ricsrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member # 144916
Location: "Palm Springs of WA."...my ass
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon84x4 View Post
Just looking at the above pictures, maybe I can split the window into two pieces that way the front larger part can roll all the way down, and the back smaller window is stationary

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as I've been slowly planning out my build...because I'm 6'-1", I would like as much leg room as possible plus room for my 2 kids in the back, I would probably be stretching the cab more than a standard dual cab. If you had a stationary window like you mentioned, and make it fill in what ever left over space was there, you could utilize a actual dual cab roll up for the rear doors...that's if you can get your hands on some!

Man, I'm sure glad your doing this build, so I can see how everything comes together before I do mine!

edit: to Brothergrim: I like your ride

Last edited by rustEDtoy83; 05-22-2010 at 06:59 PM.
rustEDtoy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:57 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Member # 89727
Location: Around PDX
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricsrx View Post
I am looking at the same thing with a first gen, but I am making my doors first mainly because of how every one is asking about the door glass and being able to roll them down, then build the cab around them.
you have probably seen this one on SKy's page

We should have had these trucks from the factory 25 years ago
__________________
1981 Toyota Trekker 220:1
ocdropzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member # 145785
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 57
Pretty sweet build. Can't wait to see it done
__________________
89 Chevy K1500
jtpaintball70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:48 PM   #49 (permalink)
Lets Ride
 
ricsrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member # 131553
Location: Riverton Utah
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon84x4 View Post
Just looking at the above pictures, maybe I can split the window into two pieces that way the front larger part can roll all the way down, and the back smaller window is stationary
I was thinking of having the stationary piece in the front to be able to square the top front and using the origional door glass.

Last edited by ricsrx; 05-22-2010 at 08:49 PM.
ricsrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:59 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Member # 136617
Posts: 1,324
hell yeah dude!
runnerboyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.