Pirate 4x4 banner

anyone have a good diagram for hubs.

770 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  GaryGreco 
#1 ·
does anyone have a goog diagram of all the parts in the hubs. I took mine apart and ended up with some spares. I have the auto hubs right now.

#5 ·
If you are talking about the shims for the steering arms and the bottom caps, and the bearing under the caps, you need those real bad. The shims are what give you camber adjustment and the bearings speak for themselves. The bearings can be a pain to put back, you really have to goop them with grease to get them to stay. Or maybe you mean the double nut on the end of the spindle. In that case going outside in it would be nut, star washer which you bend the tabs over (to make sure the nuts don;t move)and then the other nut. you can always go to your local Toy dealer and ask them to print you some pics, or to take a quick peek at the service manual. Maybe they would even let you copy some pages out of it. I do it for people all the time. And if you still can't figure it out hire a pro.

#7 ·
hubs

I have the chiltons manual, those are worthless drawings.
I need something that shows all the individual parts, not the pieces put together in units.

I am going to go to the toy dealer and see if they will copy the service man. for me.

#8 · (Edited)
OffroadRunner said:
If you are talking about the shims for the steering arms and the bottom caps, and the bearing under the caps, you need those real bad. The shims are what give you camber adjustment and the bearings speak for themselves.
Yes you do need these but not for the reason you state. There is no camber adjustment on the Toyota frontend. Those shims are to adjust the pre-load on the Trunion (knuckle) bearings. :D

I am going to go to the toy dealer and see if they will copy the service man. for me.
That is what I did and the copied the whole front end section for me.:D

#9 ·
#11 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.