Pirate 4x4 banner

Toyota Camper Shell

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  fireman0977 
#1 ·
A buddy of mine has a Toyota pickup and says he has seen camper shells that look like 86 4 Runner shells, does anyone have any info on these?

#2 ·
I don't have any info on them, but I just noticed one for the first time today.

A guy drove by in an early pick-up 4x4 with one on. It was the same color as the body, the lines matched the cab and the back was kind of angled in. It DID look a lot like a 4 runner.

It must have been some sort of factory option.

#5 ·
Used to have one, until the back glass blew out of it from being to close to a fire. I must have been way to close, it was at the firefighting academy. Anyway leer made them, they don't make them anymore and are kinda hard to find. Actually i have one that Jason makes sitting in my storage unit I need to sell. Take a look at it on www.ht4x4.com look under left hand 211. It is the blue truck with black topper. They are pretty nice, carpeted inside and other stuff. They are about 1200 bucks though new. Luckily I got mine for free since my leer one had a stress fracture in it. If you need to know anything else let me know.

#10 ·
try CENTURY in indiana.(if they are still in business) i had one in my 85 that made it look like a runner. the side windows werent the same as a runners, but they were close. sold mine to some sucker for $200. :D

#12 ·
that's ok

Hey that's ok, yeah that pic is when I first finished the SAS on my toy and wanted to get some poser pics like everyone would when they finish their trucks. Well if anyone else wants that camper shell let me know. Catch ya later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.