Pirate 4x4 banner

Aftermarket speedo's

877 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Mutt 
#1 ·
What aftermarket speedo's can be made to work with the toyota tcase?
I am running mini tcases in a Toyota Landcruiser and need to figure out what speedo to run.
Or should I just estimate how fast I was going with a tach ;)

#5 ·
http://www.nordskogperformance.com/marine.html

There's a link to Nordskog for ya. If you want the low budget alternative, buy an electronic bicycle speedo, you know the digital kind you put on street/mountain bikes. Take the magnet out of its little plastic housing and epoxy it to your driveshaft somewhere. Then make a bracket to mount the pickup the proper distance from the magnet. You have to divide the circumference of your tires in mm by your gear ratio when you enter it into the computer. You will get a very accurate speedo for about 20 bucks though. I reccomend the Sigma BC1200, I use it on my motorcycle and it's extremely accurate, also gives average speed, total distance, max speed, etc. It also reads to 186 MPH, which is why it's on my bike. I have verified it's accuracy with radar and gps to within 1mph at 100, so not too bad.

#6 ·
That is a sweet idea on the bicycle speedo. The only thing is you have to worry about is the batteries which tend to go out on those things pretty quick. Other then that it seems like some quality innovation to me :beer: :beer:

#7 ·
Okay, so if I use a GPS unit for a speedo what do you use to plug the speedo hole in the tcase???

So you really can't hook a Autometer speedo to a toyota?

#11 ·
Apparently I am missing a speedo gear then :rolleyes:

Dash is easy. This is going in a landcruiser..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.