Pirate 4x4 banner

TPS? Yes I have searched

849 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Nipper 
#1 ·
I just put my newly rebuilt 22re motor into my new runner but found out the tps is bad. My question is if the tps is bad will I have a high idle that cant be ajusted. I have tried everything that I could think of. What I know is when the tps is hooked up the motor revs up and down and it cant be driven when you disconnect it the idle is high about 2500-3000 but cant adjust it at all. Any help would be helpful

#3 ·
I Have taken it completly off the truck and cleaned out the junk in it but it still does it. But a bad tps could cause a high idle shouldnt I be able to have the truck run at a lower idle if the tps was completly off the rig

#4 ·
#6 ·
Well I have tried checking for vac leaks but could not find any. But as for ajusting the idle mixture screw its max out to the lowest setting and the throttle plate is fully closed from what I can see. But whats strange is if I force the throttle I can get it to drob down just a little. In the morning I will give the multi meter a stab and also I dont have a o2 sensor that is on the exhaust manifold the original motor did not have one but the motor that I just put in did have a 02 sensor on it would that mater. Thanks for the info

#7 ·
I had similar problems after rebuilding my 22RE, high idle, idle air fully closed, etc. One evening, a buddy came over and asked if I kenw I was missing one of the bolts that hold the EGR valve to the intake plenum? Somehow, I had either forgotten to install it or it had worked loose and fallen out from the rough running engine. Put a new bolt in and tightened down the connection and opened up the idle air valve from fully closed and the engine ran fine. I had been over that engine 3-4 times double checking everything, but I completely missed the EGR since I was focusing on stuff on the front of the engine.

#9 ·
I have tried using water to look for my vac leak. but nothing really came up. I had a bad experince once using the carb cleaner. My truck kind of went up in flames from it. But I will try to do it again and see. If I had a vac leak would my o2 lite in the truck come on. Just a thought. Thanks again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.