Pirate 4x4 banner

Leaf Springs

900 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  NIC 
#1 ·
It might be a dumass question but here it go's . What is the right way to split leaf springs . I'm going to take the bottom leaf spring off the leaf spring pack to see if it helps the ride and flex out . What should I know about before I do this . I know put 63's and toy rear in front but $$ are short right now . Plus I just bougth the damn springs and payed a lot of $$ a year ago . I will also be putting on ALLPRO greaseable shackles to help out . Any help will be appreciated . Thank you .:confused: :confused:

#2 · (Edited)
Just remove the bolt out of the center of the leafs... use a C-clamp
to hold them together incase they have any preloaded on them (Just a safty thing, they most likley will notspring apart. But my friend once removed a set, and they sprung up on him and almost knocked him out)... Easy to do just take off the u-bolts off and drop the axle down a little;) I add and remove ones from mine all the time just playing around with diffrent setups

#3 ·
I'm not sure but I think I have a bolt thur them . I think its a rivit thur it . If a rivit do I just grind off and use a grade 5 bolt to go back in the hole ?:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.