Pirate 4x4 banner

hg question

505 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  CRS 
#1 ·
truck is an 1985 toyota 22r carb california

Ok I know thw answer already do a search. I did and found alot of stuff, good stuff that does help but not really what i was looking for. I had a head gasket go on me the other day. I know this cause off the whit smoke and dripping antifreeze out the tail pipe and the fact a few buddys whi know there sh*t said so. Anyways as i pulled the intake off i noticed alot of dampness in my ports and then i noticed the the plate under the intake was seeping antifreeze all around. So my question is has anyone ever seen one of these gaskets leak past the carb heater and into the intake acting like a blown head gasket? I need to do the t chain anyway so I pulled the head but found no reall definite sign of a break. I cought the thing early i know so maybe the crack is not big enough for me to see.

Just thought i would throw the ? out there to see if anyone had some new insight as to what might have happend. the head and intake are going first thing monday to get checked for cracks, maybe that will show somethign as to what went wrong thanks for the help

Cody:D

#4 ·
yeah mine did it after it warmed up it would smoke never got hot though and no pressure in the radiator. My idea was that once the heater shut off it stop evaporating the coolant and then it had chance to make to the cyclinder. Like water on a fire it evaps take away the heat and the water is there. I dont know hope its not a cracked head.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.