Pirate 4x4 banner

frnt driveshaft

856 views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Romeo591 
#1 ·
How much did it cost you guys to lengthen the front driveshaft after moving your rears up front? Just trying to get an idea of what it is gonna cost after hearing so many different things. Flame away, I couldn't find this info searching. :confused: :confused:

#12 ·
guys here in charlotte are trying to charge me around 100. what's the deal with cutting the rear axle and rewelding it. i have no problem welding, so could someone let me know about that? where would i cut, at the joint or the other end?

#15 ·
i've read the square will vobrate like hell above 20 mph, which is why i was wanting to cut down a rear. if someone has a square which doesn't do this, and would be willing to post a pic, which i haven't been ble to find. i have no problem welding up a square shaft. if someone could please post a picture of a square shaft, i could see where everything fits together. i've read about shimming the inner yoke to help reduce chatter while driving on it. any responces on that to reduce play?

#16 ·
#17 ·
i've read that thread before, but some things i missed before got answered. still a picture would be nice. question, anyone tried to make some type or seal welded or a gasket where the yokes come together to keep crap out of the inner shaft? i'm going to try and make new shock mounts for the front and rear this weekend and while i'm at try a square shaft. someone just needs to post a picture and every question will be answered of mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.