Pirate 4x4 banner

can anybody make me some driveshafts?

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Randy 
#1 · (Edited)
i need someone to make me a driveshaft...

I need a front driveshaft on my 85 4runner (AP 5.5's and hysteer) so I can go wheeling. Anybody on this board willing to make me one out of box tube if I send you my stocker, new measurements, and some cash? I'm sick of 'wheeling in two by but I don't have enough $$ for custom shafts. Thanks

#6 ·
Rwhat said:

Arent you the guy who's having other people build your rig? :confused:
what the hell? no. I did just move away for college and am living in a dorm. I have a small 115v wire feed welder in my dorm, but that's not enough. Just thought I'd see if anybody was willing. Don't tell me you made everything that you've bolted onto your rig, if you even have (is that it in your sig pic?). I would call Jess but the $$ isn't there right now (and I'm waiting to win a set:flipoff2: ).

#8 ·
Options:

Look in Yellow Pages under Auto-driveline or check with local mechs who retubes locally and just take them your old shaft with the measurments. Probably run about $100.

Jesse will retube with HD tubing .095 for about $140.

Both of those options probably won't help you cause with the 5" AP lift you probably run out of the stock slip on droop.

To get longer travel at the same time you either need to spend $250 or so with Jesse or go square.

Just go buy the square tube cut it to the right length. Cut the old flanges off your line and grind them to where they fit into the square, then take it all down to a local shop and have it welded up for $20 or so.

#10 ·
desertPOS said:

what the hell? no. I did just move away for college and am living in a dorm. I have a small 115v wire feed welder in my dorm, but that's not enough. Just thought I'd see if anybody was willing. Don't tell me you made everything that you've bolted onto your rig, if you even have (is that it in your sig pic?). I would call Jess but the $$ isn't there right now (and I'm waiting to win a set:flipoff2: ).

Easy there Turbo, wasn't talking about you. Although I havent made every piece bolted on my "rig" i have busted my ass and knuckles putting the shit together plus my wallet. I was reffering to someone else who made the comment: quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by soopatoy
You can't fab them up yourself?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#11 ·
Rwhat said:

Easy there Turbo, wasn't talking about you. Although I havent made every piece bolted on my "rig" i have busted my ass and knuckles putting the shit together plus my wallet. I was reffering to someone else who made the comment: quote:
Originally posted by soopatoy
You can't fab them up yourself?
my bad, thought you were talking to me.

do you think it matters if I have it welded at a driveshaft shop or will just any fab shop or shop w/ a welder do (im assuming they still have to be somewhat balanced)?

#12 ·
desertPOS said:

do you think it matters if I have it welded at a driveshaft shop or will just any fab shop or shop w/ a welder do (im assuming they still have to be somewhat balanced)?
It doesn't really matter. I would guess a d/s shop would be more expensive, plus there is a good chance they wouldn't touch it at all for fear you would blame them when it isn't balanced.

Oh yeah, another alternative for getting long slip is All Pro. They have a long spline kit you weld on yourself.

#13 ·
desertPOS said:

my bad, thought you were talking to me.

No worry's. Maybe a exhaust shop, or one of those adult schools/ high school programs where they teach welding. Maybe they could do it for you as a "project". My old Hight school/ROP teacher (paint shop)
would paint other peoples cars as show and tell/ classroom projest.

#14 ·
hey, DesertPOS Ill build it for you if you bring it to my place. I live in colton ca. it should be on your way to the hammers. If you can bring it by early enough tomarrow, friday, we can get it done up so you can go on out to the hammers for frostober frest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.