Pirate 4x4 banner

Shackles hit and lock against frame in front......

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  DRM 
#1 ·
Overview: SAS with 3" drop front hanger, shackles on bottom of frame with Toy rear hangers, 4" Procomp Wranglers

Problem: I moved my front shackle mounts because they were hitting and locking against the frame. The shackles were originally about 55*. Obvious problem associated with previous springs. After moving the shackle mounts on both sides the shackles now sit at 30-35* \. I pulled out of the garage into the driveway and did a couple fast forward then reverse slam on the brakes tests. The front shackles hit and locked against the frame. The springs are apparently very soft and the truck has tons o' brake dive. The springs are almost flat when the shackles are against the frame.

Question: What do I do to fix this? With the axle just hanging under it's own weight the shackles sit at about 10* negative. If I move the shackle mounts again I can bet the shackles could invert backwards under the right conditions. I see three possible solutions. One being moving the shackle mounts to prevent the shackles from locking against the frame and adding a block to the frame to prevent the shackles from inverting. The second being adding a block to the frame to keep the shackles from locking against the frame. The third being larger bumpstops which would prevent me from getting full travel. What do you think? Any better ideas?

Yeah, yeah I should have gone with the shackles through the frame. Too late.

I appreciate any responses.
Thanks,
Aaron

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.