Pirate 4x4 banner

How do you call it ?

775 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  RUFF 
#1 ·
My friend of mine has bought this pickup , it has a diesel engine 2 axles and 4 leaf springs .
We want to buy performance parts for it such as new leaf springs, turbo charger , lockers etc .

Please tell us how do you call this model at the USA ?

Thanks in advance

http://www.4x4.co.il/gallery/gallery_pictures/9459_gallery_640.jpg

See less See more
#4 ·
Assuming you deal with decent merchants who know their vehicles (like many of the guys on this board), you could describe it as a "Toyota pickup, 1985 running gear, 2.4L diesel engine". The axles/drivetrain *should* be the same as an '85 truck, the frame and body is totally unavailable inside the US, and the engine is not a US model, but there are probably lots of add-ons that could be adapted to it with some knowledge (Toyota made everything the same :) )

#5 · (Edited)
Ok what you have there is an '89 or newer LN106 hilux dual cab why it has a 2.4 deisel i dont know as here in australia they only had 2.8 deisels fitted but it may have been different over there.

Ok lockers if you are looking for ARB air lockers you will want Part#RD23.

Turbo chargers are readily available over here and you want a turbo to suit a 2L or a 3L desiel(these are what that type of engine are called)

Leaf springs will be easy as they never changed them from 1980 till 1996 in the leaf sprung models so as long as you can find them from one of those year models they will fit right in.

Ps: i got a perfect white tailgate sitting here in aus if you need one to replace that piece of timber across the back.

This is how it should look though when you finish it :D

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.