Pirate 4x4 banner

Air down things?

1K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  Pilgrmiii 
#1 ·
Okay I was on the trail the other day and there was a guy up there who had these things that you screw onto your valve stem and it depresses the needle valve on your stem and it let's the air out, then they all screw back together. What are they called and where do I get mine. Don't make fun. Thanks.

#3 ·
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/viair.com
Let's see if this pic works...

Description:

VIAIR 3-in-1 Air Down Gauge: 21.95 This handy air down gauge combines 3 convenient functions in one versatile tool:
1. Rapid hands free continous air down.
2. Intermittent deflation to fine tune pressure.
3. 2" Inline 0-35psi gauge eliminates guesswork.
Gauge is protected by rubber bumper guard. Heavy duty zippered storage bag is included.

#5 ·
Or better yet, go to local WalMart, get a locking tire valve inflator for $4.99 plus whatever you owe your local mayor and deflate your tire hands-free in about 30 seconds. Here's what they look like at Harbor Freight, which is even cheaper if you have access to one:

#10 ·
RJ said:
Just pull the cores, it takes forever to air a 35-38 from 25lbs to 5lbs by pressing the core in. Pulling the core only takes seconds.. Just my opinion though...
Also a lot of fun when the sucker blows out of your hand and lands in a bunch of rocks!!!!!:D

#11 ·
OOP'S said:
Also a lot of fun when the sucker blows out of your hand and lands in a bunch of rocks!!!!!:D
ya i went out for a night run once about 1am and ran into booger and mossburg about a mile from camp booger had his finger over the valve and moss was headed back to get his spair core,booger went to air down and pop it went in the trees:rolleyes: thay took the one out of my spair... for i think $12.00 you can get the once that screw on and you can do all tires at the same time takes the same time as doing the core one at a time..

#12 ·
I saw a guy use the air valves from the air tanks on big rigs. he installed it in the rim on the opposit side of the valve stem. he just opened it and checked using the valve stem. then closed it took him no time to air down 38s to 10psi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.