Pirate 4x4 banner

EFI Air Filter on a tube toy

718 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  TTURokToy 
#1 ·
Is it possible to attach the MAF(i think thats what its called, the thing attached to the air cleaner box) straight to the intake and then attach a K&N cone type filter to it?

I'm sure it wouldnt be just a straight bolt up, but can it be that short or does there need to be more space between the intake and the MAF?

I know Geiger did something similar but he turned all of his stuff around.

#3 ·
Here's mine. I like that tiny filter that you have above-mines a "normal" size . The intake I fabbed up using 304SS tube , and since my bender cant bend that thin of tubing I did multiple angles it took awhile but I had to have it like that cuase there is not enough room on the other side for it. I am not sure if you can tell how narrow my engine compartment is but trust me its alot smaller than it looks.
hope this helps,
Richard

Attachments

#4 ·
That's exactly what I'm looking for Weldpro. I'll probably just end up doing something like that. Do you have any full pics of your buggy? I am getting ideas for mine and the engine compartment is gonna be small like yours.

Also, where did you mount all of your accersories that were originally on the fenders? Did you take out any of the wiring to get it down to just what it needed?

#6 ·
Yes there is a square to round adapter for the filter but that should come with the kit. I bought what is basically a "generic K&N copy" on ebay for 9.99 + 10 shipping + CA sales tax = 21/22 or so but it looks , and feels just like the real thing LOL fawk it its cheap , and it'll work.
As far as the accessories inside the fender well - you see the biggies in that pic (mounting the AFM, the PS res, the coil) the starter relay ,and the misc rthings are not much of any thing to do. What has been a pain in the ass is actually making the harness "clean" You have two fuse boxes , and one together is all I wanted plus I wanted it under the dash so thats what I made although easy it has been very time consuming.
Richard

#7 ·
So you just mounted the stuff back to the tube. I should have a little strip of tread plate there so hopefully i can mount that stuff to it.

So far, I'm thinking about something like Jay's front end and leave my flat bed, b/c it already dovetails out at the back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.