Pirate 4x4 banner

Shackle Angle...

643 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  jrussell 
#1 ·
I have 4" stock-length All-Pro springs up front and the shackle angle is straight up and down.:confused: I was expecting at least a slight angle to them. The angle makes the ride bumpy as hell in front. Wouldn't they also flex a little better if the angle was around 30-40*? Will the springs settle enough to give a little angle? I am thinking of selling these and going with the 1.5" longer fronts to get the angle closer to ideal. These springs just seem to short. If you have All-Pros, can you please post a pic of the front shackle(not being flexed)?

Thanks,

Justin

#4 ·
Yeah...they are brand new. I've only been on 1 trail since the install. I'm assuming they'll settle a little, but wondering how much.

I had to go with the stock-length ones, because I don't weld and have to pay someone to do it for me. With the cost of everything else I couldn't afford to buy the crossemember AND have someone weld it on. I don't think the extra 1.5" will make them flex that much better, but I would like to have a normal shackle angle and it seems that a spring 1.5" longer would give a perfect anlge.

Anyone have pics?

Thanks,

Justin

#7 ·
Thanks for the pics. Are those AP's on the front, too? We set the rears so I have about a 30* angle and it rides nice in the back. I didn't want to pull any leaves, since AP says that will bend them. I can compress my rears to perfectly flat and they're not even broken in yet, so I didn't think removing a leaf would increase travel that much.

#8 ·
44044's up front also with one leaf removed.

Your rears once they settle might be right at 45* then, maybe more. Mine settled a lot IMO. With generous fender trimming (3"+) I still rub my 37's in the rear fenders. I removed a leaf to lower it a tad is all. I don't think it helped or hurt flex at all.

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.