Pirate 4x4 banner

3.0L EFI problem

500 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Wilson 
#1 ·
After a fun weekend at fordyce, my truck died on me 12 miles from my house. 15 minutes before, I had fueled up and got back on the freeway. The check engine light ( dim brake light) was on and stayed on. I ignored it because it had been coming on intermitently and then going off earlier in the week. During a quick inspection, I found that the 15A EFI fuse (loacted in the panel under the hood) had blown. I changed it, the truck fired right up and then died about 10 seconds later, again blowing the fuse. I had it towed home and am about to begin inspecting the entire harness. My question is..... Is there a common problem with this symptom? Bad fuel pump, ignitor, something?? The only change that I've made to the stock EFI harness is extending the fuel pump harness for my relocated gas tank. This was all done very carefully and I used a heavy duty trailer wire coaxial for my new harness. I will begin with inspecting this for damage as well as my CO2 sensor, which I've noticed tends to rest on the exhaust pipe. Does anyone have any suggestions, please!!

#4 ·
Thanks guys, I answered my own question, in a way. All 4 wires for my 02 sensor had about 2" of jacket melted off of them. The brake light turned out to be a faulty fluid level sensor, unplugged it and it went away. I'm back on the road.

-2stroke, I have read all of the 3.0 help posts for the past year. I didn't remember seeing anything that rang a bell so I asked :flipoff2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.