Pirate 4x4 banner

Sharp midrange drop off...LCE header

746 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Arnold 
#1 ·
I've just finished my LCE header install and I've noticed a HUGE dropoff in power around 2.5-3k RPM (guessing I dont have a tach). Is this normal? I've noticed a gain in low and high but lost mid range like crazy?

I have the LCE 2 1/4 cat back stainless and regular CAT with weber carb....

#3 ·
pvonburg said:
I've just finished my LCE header install and I've noticed a HUGE dropoff in power around 2.5-3k RPM (guessing I dont have a tach). Is this normal?
Mine does not do that....

What other mods your mill got?

Call John at LCE - very helpful.

#4 ·
SPEED FREAK said:
Is it carbed? -think it mighta leaned out in that rpm range?
The motor is a stock long block rebuild. I am pretty sure its not running lean, infact I think its running rich. Dont know anything about jetting a carb but I think it needs done on mine.

Next I think I'll contact Tim at DOA and get his Tourqe cam (low range driving power). After that who knows? Perhaps a LCE stage 5 head with a stage 2 cam? I've also heard good things about the LCE Distributer, something else on my list.

Most imporantly that I am saving up for now is 4.88 gears and lockers, that should provide the most power increase. Big tires eat up the HP real quick...

#7 ·
I posted a bunch of stuff in the FAQ about Weber Carbs. If you're wondering whether your carb is running lean or not take a look at the FAQ and the idle mixture. Weber says if the idle mixture screw is adjusted more than 2 - 3 turns out from the bottom, it's time to increase the jet size. Could be your main primary jet is too small, but i wouldn't go changing anything until you do some testing and make sure.

Arnold, I guess after I get my winch on, that should be my next project - FUEL INJECTION - WAHOO!

#9 ·
pvonburg said:

Most imporantly that I am saving up for now is 4.88 gears and lockers, that should provide the most power increase. Big tires eat up the HP real quick...
i'll vouch for that. i bought stuff for my carbed 22r but i geared to 4:88's first and all the crap i bought for the motor couldn't compare to the performance gain i got from changing the gears.

when you have high gears in the axles it spreads the gear ratio of the transmission apart.

second gear "SCREAMING" then quick shift to third to a 'Big Time Luuuuuuug."

sound familiar

when you lower your gears in the axles it closes those gaps in the shifting, (pattern ratio or what ever you call it.) so now when i grap 2nd, 3rd, or 4th it pulls with all the hamster power that 22r has.

#10 ·
Coop 50 said:
I posted a bunch of stuff in the FAQ about Weber Carbs. If you're wondering whether your carb is running lean or not take a look at the FAQ and the idle mixture. Weber says if the idle mixture screw is adjusted more than 2 - 3 turns out from the bottom, it's time to increase the jet size. Could be your main primary jet is too small, but i wouldn't go changing anything until you do some testing and make sure.

Arnold, I guess after I get my winch on, that should be my next project - FUEL INJECTION - WAHOO!
Hi Coop. I was wondering when you were going to get tired of that Weber, especially now w/ the cold weather.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.