Pirate 4x4 banner

legal tires

711 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Raptorman57 
#1 ·
Any of you know if it's legal to drive with "sipped" tires on the roads? My swampers are getin low on tread and I want a rejuvinate them.

#5 ·
I got ahold of a groovring hot knife sipe tool and was gonna give it a try, just wanted to know if anyone has had any probs with the fuzz.

#6 ·
Ok maybe I'm just being a dumass but how the hell are you going to rejuvinate them . If you try to cut in deeper in the bottom of the tire won't you weaken the tire and cause a blow out . :confused:

#7 ·
pipefitter said:
Ok maybe I'm just being a dumass but how the hell are you going to rejuvinate them . If you try to cut in deeper in the bottom of the tire won't you weaken the tire and cause a blow out . :confused:
I totaly agree with you on this. I can understand cutting the tread of a good tire to get a different or more aggresive tread pattern. Cutting a wore out tire into a good tire again is asking for trouble:nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: It's like driving on four time bomb's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.