Pirate 4x4 banner

All of my blinkers don't work

1K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  lowflyer 
#1 ·
Got an 85 Toyota 22R and out of nowhere my blinkers stopped working. Checked my fuse and connections, everything fine. It is not just one blinker that doesn't work, all of them don't work so I know that it isn't the bulbs. Has this happened to anyone and if so what is the problem? Thanks

#9 ·
tuckn18s said:
Got an 85 Toyota 22R and out of nowhere my blinkers stopped working. Checked my fuse and connections, everything fine. It is not just one blinker that doesn't work, all of them don't work so I know that it isn't the bulbs. Has this happened to anyone and if so what is the problem? Thanks

Re-check the connections, as well as the nuts holding the lights to the truck to make sure they are oxidation/corrosion free. That will prevent the completion of the circuit....just a thought, good luck.

#10 ·
the all the lights are grounded throught the wiring harness. i had the same problem and it turned out to be a bad flasher relay( located next to the clutch pedal on 84-88 trucks/4runners) so just barrow one from a friend and see if it will work again.

Clifff

#13 ·
my old truck did that once, this is what i did and it seemed to fix it and never happened again.

First i hit the steering wheel really hard a few times (most likely was a bad connection in the collom im thinking)

second get out and curse at the truck since it just you pulled over

third kick the right rear tire 3 times

and fourth get back in, beg its forgiveness and promise it an oil change (you dont have to do it though)

finally drive away with working turn signals

Josh

#15 ·
blinkers dead

it can be one of two things. relay for the whole deal or since you said welding in the rear wheel well area it could be all the wires melted together and now you have a circuit shorted to itself. oh yeah and it could be blinker fluid too.:flipoff2: dealers have a trick that makes it hard to find the bottle. common places are under the third row seats and behind the head board. happy hunting:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.