Pirate 4x4 banner

I want to see some pics with fullsize axles on your toyota

5K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Booger Weldz 
#1 ·
post them up

Thanks
Chris

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks Wilson. I am puting a 44 under the front of mine and was wondering what everone is doing about the spring perch on the diff side... I am thinking about just wideing my springs about 2 in to match the 44 is that what everyone is doing. it would be a lot less of a problem I guess, if I was doing a SAS and had to fab everything from scratch. You could just match the 44 width not having to deal with the stock toyota width

PS. TTURokToy thanks for the links as for the rest no comment:rolleyes:

Thanks
Chris

#7 ·
rocktop said:
Thanks Wilson. I am puting a 44 under the front of mine and was wondering what everone is doing about the spring perch on the diff side... I am thinking about just wideing my springs about 2 in to match the 44 is that what everyone is doing. it would be a lot less of a problem I guess, if I was doing a SAS and had to fab everything from scratch. You could just match the 44 width not having to deal with the stock toyota width

PS. TTURokToy thanks for the links as for the rest no comment:rolleyes:

Thanks
Chris
Either outboard your springs or shorten the axle. Here's mine outboarded.

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
I started with a fullsize (67") front 44 out of a mid 70's Blazer. Cut approx 2 5/8" off the long side. Replaced the long side inner shaft with one from a Waggy (mid to late 80's) don't know the exact years that will fit but you won't need custom axle shaft that way. Didn't havta outboard springs either. Cut and turned the knuckles too... In the rear, I used a 9" out of a 78 Lincoln. It's 63" wms-wms and comes with disc brakes. Here's a driveway shot of it after the upgrade... :D:D That's not oil underneath. It's condensation from my A/C. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.