Pirate 4x4 banner

What is a 01 3.4 Yota motor,tranny,t-case and rear axle worth??

557 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  snowchucker 
#1 ·
I have a chance to buy a 2001 Yota 3.4 motor complete and tranny/T-case and rear axle, not sure if its an E-Locker yet since I haven't seen it and the seller is a Iranian that can barely speak english. All the stuff has under 200 Miles on it. The truck was rolled and totaled when it was brand new. The guy who is selling the parts wants $4000? I was thinking more like $3000? Any interest in any of these parts and what do you think there total value would be. All I really need is the tranny and I might not even need that. Let the heckles begin

#2 ·
I've seen 3.4's go for about $1500-2k w/ computer and wiring.
add an auto tranny for $800-$1200
manual for $600
tcase for $350
rear axle for $350

if its brand spankin new, $4k might not be too far off. However, if its out of a total roll, he probably paid $2-$2.5k for the truck and is making $$ selling the parts.

I bought mine back totalled for $2.5k and the front core support, IFS, and frame were toast. Everything else had body damage- hood, cab, and bed. (ripped the cab off the frame in the accident).

Another try is to call TAPS and see what they quote you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.