Pirate 4x4 banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevy V-6 swap in a Toyota.

708 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  camo 
#1 ·
I've got a truck that I want some real power out of, and everyone that I talk to says scrap the 22R and drop in a Chevy V-6 (S-10 motor from what I understand). I have no idea about chevy and their motors (I don't even know what liter this particular motor is, I think a 4.6) but I'm very interested in doing this swap. I would like to run an EFI set up for it and do standard upgrades such as headers, intake etc. Anyone know what stock horsepower is on these and what is involved in the swap? Also, what would a general price range look like to pick up one of these motors and 5 speed tranny? Don't know much so any help would be great!

#3 ·
camo said:
all of you questions have been answered in the past 30 days or so. just click the little search button and you will have all the info needed.
thanks for kindly leting this guy know with out cuting his left testie off,like every one else. i have even more respect for you camo. (no joke)

#5 ·
I did search and all the info helped, but I'm trying to narrow in on what works the best (daily driving gas mileage etc) from what people have tried. I don't want to mess with wiring a whole lot so from what I understand, you buy a pre-made set from a company such as Painless Wiring. That takes care of that. Also, the tranny's seem so numerous but which one works the best for daily driving? Probably not the 700R4. Other people are talking about having to cut into the firewall to make it fit, is this true in the case of a 1993 4wd Toyota? I'am no master mechanic, but I'm pretty sure I could complete this swap. Do I have to weld in all of the adapters?

#6 ·
ok newbie. i am sure you searched and thats why you don't know what size the motor is. it is a 4.3 :rolleyes: anyhow we don't really concern ourselfs with daily driver issue much here. our focus is hard core trail use.

try www.4x4wire.com they might be more accomadating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.