Pirate 4x4 banner

Canned the body lift now what?

804 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  CRS 
#1 ·
I am about to take the body lift of my truck and go back to stock body mounts but I was wondering where i could get some. I know energy suspension makes them but is polyurethane the way to go or are the stock ones better, I did not put the body lift on it was there when i bought the truck and i dont have the stocck ones. Just curious as to what would be better buy them from toyota or energy suspension??

Thanks Cody

#4 ·
I would go with the poly ones, make sure you put plenty of oil on them because they might sqeek though, just my 2cts.

#7 ·
TOY 2 said:
I would go back to OEM.........poly is to hard and they sqeek........There are a lot of people parting out toys everyday......just ask someone or post in wanted fourm:D ......someone will probably give you some
No they don't!! :rolleyes: Use some good synthetic waterproof grease like NEO and they won't make a peep. Not that there is a benefit in poly body mounts IMO other than stock ones around here get extreeeemly hard over time. I'll send you some of mine if you wanna see :flipoff2:

#8 ·
I'd definitely go poly, they aren't really pricey, and they will last way longer. I took out my stock mounts at 100k, and they were rock hard and all cracked up, I could crumble the rubber in my hands. Dont think I would really want something that will do that on my truck.

#9 · (Edited)
You will still have some body mount bushing after removing the body lift, unless whoever installed it made a big mistake. The bushings will be on the frame brackets. Just remove the lift blocks and get some shorter bolts and you are done:

That said, old rubber stock mounts get soft and mushy over time and with the added leverage of the body lift blocks, they are probably gone. A set of poly bushings is a good investment:

http://4crawler.cruiserpages.com/4x4/CheapTricks/BodyLift.shtml#Bushings

#11 ·
Thanks guys for all the help. Unfortunitly I have to cut out my cage to do this cause some idiot welded the cage in over the body mounts!!!!:D I dont mind that much cause i did not like the cage design anyways i guess i have a reason to cut it out now.I am goin to see what condition the stock ones are in and then i will see if i need to replace at 65 dollars i should jut do it just cause. Thanks again for the help

Cody :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.