Pirate 4x4 banner

belt tenioner pulley seized

860 views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  TNToy 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I got a seized belt tensioner pulley for the power steering on a 22re. It's a v-pulley and toyota is selling a new one for like 136 bux for the whole pulley assembly, but I'm pretty sure that i just need a new bearing. Kinda shady, Monument has none, neither does Kragen. I was thinkin bout having a bearing shop stamp in a new bearing, does this sound at all like a decent idea? it would most likely save me a ton of money. Or if anyone has any extas layin around, I'd love to get my hands on one. Thanks for any ideas u can offer guys.

-Ian

#7 ·
it's a 204 series bearing..... might have them at Checkers or Autobone or Napa....10 bucks....make sure it's the sealed type and not the open version where you can see the actual ball bearings. Common thing to go out on a Yota and among the easiest to change. Take the clip off and tap the old bearing out .... they are not that tight of a fit in that wheel.

#10 · (Edited)
I just bought that D@mn bearing at the stealership. For trucks & runners the parts dept's to not offer the bearing by itself, they offer the pully & bearing. But the bearing is sold by itself for other toy auto's. Take the bearing number given by Offroadrunner and the stealership should sell it to you.

#11 ·
I've had this happen on both my 'runners...take the pulley and bearing to any good parts store and they'll reference the bearing and install it for ya. last time that happened I was on my way outta town on vacation, was done about 30 mins from when it happened, including finding an open parts store...shouldn't be a problem.

-chris

#13 ·
Hey. I'm pretty sure there is a belt tensionor pulley on ebay for cheap. Search: "22RE". Let me know if this helps. I just bought one for $45 from a wrecking yard. Runs like a charm now. No more choking. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.