Pirate 4x4 banner

t case gears

595 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  yota4x4 
#1 ·
i want to lower my tcase gears but dont have the $$$ for a to put in asecond. i hardly ever see anyone do this usaully i see ppl with a dual case. maybe im wrong. i know i wont be as low with a single case. Is it worth it to do this or should i save longer. I already have 5:29's and im running 35's.

#2 ·
yota4x4 said:
i want to lower my tcase gears but dont have the $$$ for a to put in asecond. i hardly ever see anyone do this usaully i see ppl with a dual case. maybe im wrong. i know i wont be as low with a single case. Is it worth it to do this or should i save longer. I already have 5:29's and im running 35's.
Lots of folks do it, Look at the post about the cheap ass gears, buy some and give it a shot. If it's not low enough still, add a second case simple as that.

#5 ·
thanks. but if i put in a 4.7:1 inthe tcase with the 5:29"s it should be crawlin peaaty good right?

#7 ·
yota4x4 said:
thanks. but if i put in a 4.7:1 inthe tcase with the 5:29"s it should be crawlin peaaty good right?
It's a definate great start. You'll always find a need for the "silly low" if you went duals, but one low range set should be the best bang for the buck. No D-shaft mods or fancy smansy crossmembers to buy either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.