Trails Around Mono Lake Area?? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Competition and Event Info > Trail Rides
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2005, 03:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 43274
Trails Around Mono Lake Area??

Going up around Bodie and Mono Lake this week, know of some trails. Does anyone know of any other trails up there? Anyone been up there, I have but not to wheel? I will be in the area the 23-27 of this month.
Any info would be awesome, thanks.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 31294
nothing specific around Mono I know of but I'll be in town that weekend doing a little wheeling.
PM'd ya
MtnMan210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2005, 06:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 43274
PM'd you
Old 06-29-2005, 03:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 13941
I'll be up there this weekend in the mono-bridgeport area. I dont really know any trails but if you dont mind passing info along, I'd appreciate whatever I can get. We're taking 2 trucks, they're IFS but they're locked and are pretty beat so we'll take them wherever. Thanks in advance.

Matt
super-mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 43274
Hey, Yeah there is some really easy stuff out of Bridgeport to Bodie, the Ghost town. But depending on where you are coming from, meaning what highway you are taking there are some pretty sweet trails up there. Still a lot of snow which makes the trail impossible without a winch and a locker.
Let me know.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 13941
Thanks man. I'll be coming down 395 but I'll be there Sat.-Mon. so I can drive around to wherever there is some wheeling. I know of a few easier areas off of 108 but I'm sure they're all buried in snow right now. If you want to email me some areas feel free at supermat@epicski.com
Thanks again,
Matt
Old 06-30-2005, 11:07 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 43274
Well depending on your rig, the snow is what makes it fun. At the USMC Mountain Warfare Training Station there are some awesome trails, off 108.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:39 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 13941
I dont know that my truck will do that well in the snow right now but hey, I'll give it a try! I've been up behind the base there and never found much. I've just taken the main dirt road that loops around and ends up at the top of the pass. Is there some better stuff back in there?

Matt
Old 07-05-2005, 07:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 23810
From Bodie you can head north to the east fork of the walker river. There is some awsome trails along the river and a hotspring or two. If the water drops I might head out there and do some fishing and wheeling. I'll send ya a PM if I do. RD
RADDONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 43274
I am thinking about going back up there again later this month, let me know what you are doing... I was up on Sonora Pass again last weekend, and the snow is still there but its going quick. super-mat, what did you find?? Anything good/ new?
Old 07-07-2005, 08:40 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 13941
Ended up going into the bodie area. Couldn't find my map so just did some exploring. Most of it was just dirt trails but we found a couple creek beds that were prime for the taking in the middle of no where. It was pretty sweet, some big lava rock and washouts. Did blow a tire on the lava rock though. All in all it was a really good time.

matt
Old 07-07-2005, 04:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 31294
sounds like some fun stuff. If you go again let me know and I'll try and head up too. I got some wheeling in over the 4th of july weekend up there. Our club hosted another group and we went up Black Canyon out of Bishop. It was a fairly easy trial and VERY overgrown but it did have some sectoins. I didn't do the whole trail I broke about a third of the way up and had to stop and work on getting the truck running again. But from what I heard it was a fun trail. I'm working on getting the pictures up--probably in the next couple days.
MtnMan210 is offline   Reply With Quote