MoonRocks Memorial Weekend - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Competition and Event Info > Trail Rides
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 06:06 PM   #51 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 99633
Send a message via AIM to zukjunkie13
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4x4ota View Post
not sure but i am pretty sure that you and your dad are the ones that gave me some fitting plugs to block off my hydro lines coming off of my steering box, thanks again my truck ran the rest of the weekend
Yup that was us!! No problem!! Glad we were able to help ya out!

#713 Unlimited Class Moon Buggy
2013 W.E.Rock National Champion
2013 W.E.Rock Western Unlimited Class Champion

R&B Co.
Falken Tire
Raceline RuffStuff Specialties Fabworx ARB
Tsuda Racing JM Rigging Dynomax Nitro Gear
zukjunkie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:38 PM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 100622
I went for the first time and had a good time. Going back again soon.

Just2Much19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2010, 10:16 PM   #53 (permalink)

Member # 124130
Send a message via AIM to RunnerJud
Also my first time there, Having a good cage is the only way to have fun there.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:16 PM   #54 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 8937
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotJimmy View Post
X2

I've never seen it that busy out there. Crazy weekend for sure. I had a great time.

BTW, nice run up B7
It was a little uncomfortable trying it in a buggy I've only driven a couple times, in front of hundreds of people, but my friends talked me in to it. I'm glad I didn't end up looking like an idiot.

#199/4499 - Maxxis, PSC, Superior Axle and Gear, Trail Gear, Branik Machine Shop, Valley Transmission, High Angle Driveline, Warn, Sway-a-way.

Facebook
mudtruck44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:29 PM   #55 (permalink)
So*Po

Member # 24806
Thanks for the show, that was the first time I've seen it in person.
HotJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 504
Send a message via AIM to Red Chevy Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Red Chevy Girl
This was my first time there, and I managed to come home without anything broken. It was a great weekend and lots of good entertainment.
02 F250 Diesel
Red Chevy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 2482
I love moonrocks but avoid big weekends like this for the most part. The word is that Moonrocks is THRASHED. Lots of trash and crap left behind. I know there is 2 local boards that are trying to put a clean up together sometime this week. That area is watched very closely by the BLM.

save me a spot bro......i'll miss you...
GloNDark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:29 PM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 2482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chevy Girl View Post
This was my first time there, and I managed to come home without anything broken. It was a great weekend and lots of good entertainment.
This your rig?? That thing is SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/showthr...l=1#post447894

Old 06-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #59 (permalink)

Member # 23810
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloNDark View Post
I love moonrocks but avoid big weekends like this for the most part. The word is that Moonrocks is THRASHED. Lots of trash and crap left behind. I know there is 2 local boards that are trying to put a clean up together sometime this week. That area is watched very closely by the BLM.
I heard the same thing!! We just did a clean-up last month. They wonder why the locals are keeping so many of our trails secret. Most people are good with cleaning up after them selves but why do the locals have to rush out there after a big weekend and clean up the mess? Its just a matter of time before BLM closes it!!

Last edited by RADDONKEY; 06-01-2010 at 02:55 PM.
RADDONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:56 PM   #60 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 49181
Quote:
Originally Posted by RADDONKEY View Post
I heard the same thing!! We just did a clean-up last month. They wonder why the locals are keeping so many of our trails secret.
The trash being left behind might be a big reason for me to not return during a big weekend again. I know it was bad, the BSW kids went out on a mission with trash bags in hand to walk and clean on Sunday and Monday morning. You know it's bad when kids notice all the trash and want to help clean it up because "people are to lazy to clean up their own trash dad". I was very proud of the kids in our group for doing this.

The DJ with the dance party on Saturday and Sunday night didn't help the trash situation any at all. Plenty of idiots out there.

Overall a good weekend but I have to say, besides the trash, my biggest bitch in the world goes to the Toyota guys. Any of you asshats with dual cases should be shot for running through camp in the middle of the night and shifting through all five of your gears like its a damn drag race, all the while still being in double low going nowhere fast. Just plain fucking stupid!!! The quads, the dirt bikes, other wheelers, non of them bothered me a bit. But you "dual case yota" crowd really got on my nerves. Did Marlin not send the directions on how to shift it back into a higher range?

Check out PARAphernalia GEAR for 550 Paracord and items

www.sneveysoffroad.com/

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here--> www.lugnut4x4.com
Trailer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:57 PM   #61 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 152418
Our crew all left at different times, but before each of us left we did a little clean up and all went home with 3-4 extra bags of trash that was not ours. We where part of the last clean up and that place probly needs another after this weekend.
TANKED Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:13 PM   #62 (permalink)

Member # 2482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Guy View Post
Overall a good weekend but I have to say, besides the trash, my biggest bitch in the world goes to the Toyota guys. Any of you asshats with dual cases should be shot for running through camp in the middle of the night and shifting through all five of your gears like its a damn drag race, all the while still being in double low going nowhere fast. Just plain fucking stupid!!! The quads, the dirt bikes, other wheelers, non of them bothered me a bit. But you "dual case yota" crowd really got on my nerves. Did Marlin not send the directions on how to shift it back into a higher range?

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH I've got dual cases and fawking HATE shifting while in double low. There is a kid in my neighborhood who comes down my street in double low, shifting away like an idiot pretending to be cool. Makes me laughing.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:46 PM   #63 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 63534
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANKED Scout View Post
Our crew all left at different times, but before each of us left we did a little clean up and all went home with 3-4 extra bags of trash that was not ours. We where part of the last clean up and that place probly needs another after this weekend.
Friday night i had a little electrical fire at the top of the main crack, after i came back with shit to fix it everyone was gone and there were probably 30-40 beer cans left behind, not to mention how many packs of smokes were left too. me and my buddy picked it up, but i was kinda suprised at how much trash was actually left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timritchieblue View Post
Their $7000 bolt ons, I told that bitch, id make ya famous....ta da..
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsize80cherokee View Post
If you admit to 'rollin coal' on purpose, then you probably take dick in your butt for fun.
toy4x4ota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 124130
Send a message via AIM to RunnerJud
I had 6 bags of trash in the bed of just my Toyota when I left and there were a few more in my buddies rigs/trucks. My group filled up probably one or two bags all the rest was cans/trash we picked up all weekend.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #65 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 49181
I saw more motorcycle/quad guys walking over to check out the action with beer and chips in hand than wheelers. Most the wheelers have rigs to put the trash in, but the quad and bike crowd don't, so when done the trash is just left behind. This also goes for the crowd that just comes to camp and watch. Lot's of people out there leaving trash that aren't wheelers, but it will be the wheelers that get the bad name and have to do the clean up.

Now I'm not saying that wheelers don't leave trash sometimes, but lets face it, we have rigs to put the trash in. The people just walking around don't, and those are the ones we really have to watch for. Like I said, not sure I'll be back to Moon Rocks on a holiday weekend again. The crowd was so large, and way too many bikes/quad/rigs hauling ass through camp for me to feel that my kids are safe. I let my kids take a lot of walks out on the rocks cause there was a lot less traffic on the rocks than what was in the camp. It is amazing how many times you can see the same asshat on a 50 racing through camp. I have to wonder if they ride 50's cause they suck at riding a bike that's their size.

I love Moon Rocks, and so do my kids. But with the crowd getting bigger and dumber every year, it's only a matter of time before someone ends up dead and I don't want to even say that I was there when it happens. Maybe it's because I'm growing up? Or maybe it's because the dumb stupid race around camp, leave trash behind, get so drunk you fall off the rocks, type of shit is just getting to be old, played out, and proven to be stupid time after time. I love to wheel, but I'm so done with wheeling by a bunch of dumb asshat fucksticks.

Oh, and the guy playing all the "white" and "kkk" music late Saturday night at buttcrack........YOUR A FUCKING TOOL!!!

Check out PARAphernalia GEAR for 550 Paracord and items

www.sneveysoffroad.com/

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here--> www.lugnut4x4.com
Trailer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #66 (permalink)
So*Po

Member # 24806
It was awesome to see your kids running around with trash bags like it was a game to play! We saw em and commented how great it was.

Being camped near buttcrack, it was shitty/cool to see that area cycle from trashed to clean, then back to trashed. Every time a large group showed it began to get trashed, but after the crowd dispersed, there were usually people bagging trash. For those that cleaned and went above, nice going. I'm sure the place looks rough, but if it wasn't for you/us it would be a lot worse.

There were more dipshits than usual for sure. I yelled at some guy in a yota and his smartass passenger when they were full throttling into a tree. I first noticed a tree swaying while standing near the crack, then had time to walk over. Dipshit wouldn't stop until I stuck my head into his window and screamed. Also, I noticed when I was saying goodbyes to other camp, one had drug in a live tree to burn. Unfortunately, no one was in the camp to talk to, but I think some of our guys were going to go back and talk to them later.

If something gets organized, please post up. I'll do my best to make it back up.
HotJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #67 (permalink)

Member # 91840
I had a great time, met a lot of cool people.

Unfortunately I did see a lot of dipshitery, and was constantly throwing trash in the bed of my truck throughout the weekend. The usual beer cans and smoke packs but some weird shit like speakers and other weird stuff.

I too was wondering about the percentage of trash from wheelers compared to the vast amount of crowds that just come to watch and party for the weekend.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:46 PM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 504
Send a message via AIM to Red Chevy Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Red Chevy Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloNDark View Post
This your rig?? That thing is SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/showthr...l=1#post447894
Yeah thats my chevy, well whats left of one. Thank you for the complement.
02 F250 Diesel
Red Chevy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:08 PM   #69 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 38366
Send a message via Yahoo to 86toyrunner
Red Chevy Girl that was a sick truck... had a fun time out there... there did seem to be alot more trash i know the camp next to us was just a bunch of punks and they left lots of cans for me to make some money
Attached Images

70 cj-5 renegade1 buick 231 v-6 t-18 dana20 dana 30,44 32in BFG at

USN SEABEE EO2 SCW GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS

jmoffroad.com (530) 273-7627

Last edited by 86toyrunner; 06-01-2010 at 11:12 PM.
86toyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:19 PM   #70 (permalink)

Member # 42436
Yep I will have to agree with trailerguy and say there were def alot of asshats present. And yeah what is up with the pits being a race track? man I was laughing quite a bit at your post, but it sucks cause it has come to this. I am always finding garbage in my rig, and I am usually putting mine in someone else's rig, but we do pick up after ourselves. Def have to come back on an off weekend, too many idiots for me!!! and thats bad!

a pic from the weekend:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/jrodd66[/url]
jrod66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:32 PM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 100622
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtruck44 View Post
It was a little uncomfortable trying it in a buggy I've only driven a couple times, in front of hundreds of people, but my friends talked me in to it. I'm glad I didn't end up looking like an idiot.
Sweet buggy, I remember seeing it and it looks great!
Just2Much19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:17 AM   #72 (permalink)

Member # 42107
"I love Moon Rocks, and so do my kids. But with the crowd getting bigger and dumber every year, it's only a matter of time before someone ends up dead and I don't want to even say that I was there when it happens. Maybe it's because I'm growing up? Or maybe it's because the dumb stupid race around camp, leave trash behind, get so drunk you fall off the rocks, type of shit is just getting to be old, played out, and proven to be stupid time after time. I love to wheel, but I'm so done with wheeling by a bunch of dumb asshat fucksticks."

i'm with you there...for the big weekends ive found out that alot of the dipshits flock together and if you sneek to a different place there will be less than usual because they all seem to want to congragate together.
i missed all the memorial day madness this year and headed to an undisclosed location, had a blast and only came across 3 other rigs all weekend.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #73 (permalink)

Member # 42436
where are the rest of the pics? I saw alot of people there snappin em off!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/jrodd66[/url]
jrod66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:16 PM   #74 (permalink)

Member # 46653
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotJimmy View Post
It was awesome to see your kids running around with trash bags like it was a game to play! We saw em and commented how great it was.

Being camped near buttcrack, it was shitty/cool to see that area cycle from trashed to clean, then back to trashed. Every time a large group showed it began to get trashed, but after the crowd dispersed, there were usually people bagging trash. For those that cleaned and went above, nice going. I'm sure the place looks rough, but if it wasn't for you/us it would be a lot worse.

There were more dipshits than usual for sure. I yelled at some guy in a yota and his smartass passenger when they were full throttling into a tree. I first noticed a tree swaying while standing near the crack, then had time to walk over. Dipshit wouldn't stop until I stuck my head into his window and screamed. Also, I noticed when I was saying goodbyes to other camp, one had drug in a live tree to burn. Unfortunately, no one was in the camp to talk to, but I think some of our guys were going to go back and talk to them later.

If something gets organized, please post up. I'll do my best to make it back up.
Hey Jimmy nice to have met you and thanks for helping Joe out. It is good to see us wheelers come together and clean up after it is all said and done.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:02 PM   #75 (permalink)

Member # 23843
I was there saturday for about 4-5 hours and having cleaned that place spotless three weeks before..... I can say Im pretty pissed that knowing 30+ people had organized trash clean up as well as graffiti removal...and even media coverage putting wheelers in a good light by showing we do give a shit about our areas.
YouTube - MR_Clean_Up_News4Reno_11oclock.mpg
Do I think its all the wheelers...no but some werent helping the situation either!

For the guys kids who cleaned up...thats plain awesome.....for everyone else who took more or at least what they brought....that great as well and I thank you.

I can tell you the locals are gonna get tired of feeling like they are cleaning up after everyone and will just go to private trails that their locations dont get shared because of this very reason.....and I can also tell you the neighbors that live around the moonrocks complain to the BLM about all the dust from everyone speeding on the dirt road,traffic and anything else they can think of to get that place shut down.

I could go on and on but Im just about over it.....and pretty much believe the efforts by some are wasted by even trying.