dana axles - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes States
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 07:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 130409
dana axles

I have a dana 70 front and a dana 80 rear out of a 1 ton 70's dodge pickup. can anyone tell me if these are worth fitting under my 86 k5? I read somewhere that they bend easy. I for sure want to 4-link the rear so that will make it stronger the housing that is. If I do fit them I would also like to put a rotor and caliper set up on for sure the front and maybe the rear. If anyone can give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it. I also have access to a 67 chevy 1 ton rear coil spring axle. would that be a better candidate? Also can anyone tell me which axle that is? Eaton? Also which one is better? Thank you for anyone's time. Blane
blazenn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 73594
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazenn86 View Post
I have a dana 70 front and a dana 80 rear out of a 1 ton 70's dodge pickup. can anyone tell me if these are worth fitting under my 86 k5? I read somewhere that they bend easy. I for sure want to 4-link the rear so that will make it stronger the housing that is. If I do fit them I would also like to put a rotor and caliper set up on for sure the front and maybe the rear. If anyone can give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it. I also have access to a 67 chevy 1 ton rear coil spring axle. would that be a better candidate? Also can anyone tell me which axle that is? Eaton? Also which one is better? Thank you for anyone's time. Blane

Blane, I am a nice guy......Others on the PBB (Pirate bulletin board) aren't.

We try to keep from cluttering the PBB up with posts like these. This topic for one has been discussed millions of times already. You should use the search function and find the facts and decide for yourself if the axle choice will work for you and your rig. There is a ton of very useful information here. Also, you posted this completely in the wrong section.

Only other option is to try again next Tuesday.