Levi's Backfield Bog, Manito IL - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes States
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 117744
Levi's Backfield Bog, Manito IL

Hey all!

Searched Pirate for a long time, and have found lots of useful tech here while building my truck.

I know it is a little early, but I thought I would throw out a link to a mudbog put on in Manito, Illinois, called "Levi's Backfield Bog". Levi and members of Earth Resin Offroad have put a lot of effort into these events, and we would love to see members of Pirate4x4 out there.

It is a non-competitive bog that has holes of all shapes and sizes. We have had everything from completely stock mid-size trucks to trucks on 5 tons and 60 inch tractor tires (and it got stuck!!). You can run all day with a stocker and not get stuck, and there are challenging holes for pretty much anyone.

We also have a "hillclimb" in the middle of the pit that is roughly 20 feet wide that we build to allow trucks to drive up and over. As the year progresses, we would like to build an obstacle course as well.

At our last event in October, we pulled in roughly 60-70 trucks and had 400 people in 30 degree weather!

The trucks run on Saturdays (event dates are listed in the link), but camping goes on both Friday night and Saturday night. We also have bands on Saturday night (we currently have 3, and are thinking of getting one more).

We are currently charging $10 per person for the ENTIRE WEEKEND (kids 12 and under are free), and $5 per truck that runs in the pit. The pit is a "free-lance" setup, where multiple trucks run at one time, and there are no designated lanes for where certain trucks can run. The pit is roughly 275 feet wide and 480 feet long, and we are looking to expand it.

Anyway, here is the link: www.earthresin4x4.com

Hope to see you all out there!
Please feel free to use our email link on the page to contact us, and my personal phone number is on there as well!

Thanks for reading!
Adam
EarthResin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 117744
Hey all,

Just wanted to jump back in here and mention that, if interested, there is a link on www.earthresin4x4.com to check out videos and pictures from our event in October. The link is lower down on the page.

I will be sure to post more information as May 30th (the 1st event) gets closer!

Thanks
Adam
EarthResin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2012, 07:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 124445
link doesn't work

just lettin u know that ur link dont work... i look forward to the next 1........
Old 02-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 108046
Dude you just brought up a three year old thread...

The guy got out of the sport all together and sold his rig at least a year ago.
bsfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 170490
From what I understand, the event was shut down for additional safety concerns as well. That place was a mess.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 171180
Levis backfield bog did not get shut down. I know, Levi is a very good friend of mine. Eathresin offroad decided to get away from putting on mud bogs it was starting to become more of a job than fun. Instead Earthresin offroad has went many ways a few still go to the occasional mud bog others decided to get into trail riding. Levi is currently looking to put on a benefit mud bog on June 2nd. Look up Levis backfield bog on facebook for more details.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 100050
Whoa, flashbacks. haha