closest park around springfield il - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes States
Notices

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member # 132977
Posts: 68
closest park around springfield il

Looking for a park that allows trucks and not 4 wheelers and dirtbikes only. I just dont like drive 3 hours to badlands all the time
polen21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2009, 12:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Member # 133248
Posts: 186
Blick Mountain in Harlan KY www.harlancountytrails.com
BEST PLACE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^rocks and over 100 miles of trails


you will have to drive to get to decent wheeling places.....harlan is BY far the best place to wheel

Haspin Acres Laurel IN
www.haspinacres.com hills,mud,more hard hills,more mud
local forum for haspin www.gotmudd.com


hope that helps you

Last edited by Wheelin513; 04-06-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Wheelin513 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member # 132977
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin513 View Post
Blick Mountain in Harlan KY www.harlancountytrails.com
BEST PLACE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^rocks and over 100 miles of trails


you will have to drive to get to decent wheeling places.....harlan is BY far the best place to wheel

Haspin Acres Laurel IN
www.haspinacres.com hills,mud,more hard hills,more mud
local forum for haspin www.gotmudd.com


hope that helps you
Looks like a great time but 8 and a half hours away. Looking for somthing closer than badlands which is around 3-3 and a half for me
polen21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2009, 01:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Member # 133248
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by polen21 View Post
Looks like a great time but 8 and a half hours away. Looking for somthing closer than badlands which is around 3-3 and a half for me
well once i get another rig.....we will all have to plan a trip to harlan.....it is by far the badest place to wheel....and you have free camping on the everts side....free electric and water
Wheelin513 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
buggy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member # 114550
Location: Le Roy IL
Posts: 81
The cliffs insane terrain in marsailles IL is a pretty good to place to wheel!!Dont think there is any place close to springfield,taylorville is only quads and dirtbikes I think?I live near bloomington IL,it takes about an hour to get to the cliffs so it would be about 2 for you.Harlan is definitely worth the drive!!

aaron

Last edited by buggy79; 04-06-2009 at 04:25 PM.
buggy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2009, 04:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member # 132977
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy79 View Post
The cliffs insane terrain in marsailles IL is a pretty good to place to wheel!!Dont think there is any place close to springfield,taylorville is only quads and dirtbikes I think?I live near bloomington IL,it takes about an hour to get to the cliffs so it would be about 2 for you.Harlan is definitely worth the drive!!

aaron
Thanks for the help i have quite a few buddies that live in bloomington. Ill have to check that place out. And yes taylorville is fourwheelers and dirtbikes only. My pops lives like 4 blocks from them so it woulda been ideal if they allowed trucks
polen21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2009, 06:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member # 36682
Location: Mount Pulaski, Illinois
Posts: 675
Blog Entries: 1
I live and work around Springfield. We have a place in Rochester that we wheel. We also go to Hannibal, Mersailles, Attica, Harlan to name a few. What kind of rig do you have?
Jess
Jwbogger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member # 84387
Location: springfield il
Posts: 35
trjc.com is the closest thing. im in springfield too
billbanshee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2009, 06:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member # 73492
Location: Marengo, IL
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by polen21 View Post
Looking for a park that allows trucks and not 4 wheelers and dirtbikes only. I just dont like drive 3 hours to badlands all the time
I will be at the Cliffs this weekend. Not as big as the badlands, but its just as cool.
__________________
88 Sub, 6" Lift 44F,14R Olive drab, 37" Military OZ's On Stazworks H1's
widmayer123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2009, 07:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Rock God
 
95steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Member # 14509
Location: North West Arkansas
Posts: 1,565
Disney is to the west of you, Bird's is about 3.5 hours to the south. Too many 4 wheelers at Disney for me. Birds is not exactly set up for the 4 wheelers although some do go. Decent camping at birds too.

Hot Springs is not much further, starting to get into the half a day driving though... if you are going to drive half a day you better just plan on going to Clayton OK.
95steel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2009, 08:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
buggy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member # 114550
Location: Le Roy IL
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95steel View Post
Disney is to the west of you, Bird's is about 3.5 hours to the south. Too many 4 wheelers at Disney for me. Birds is not exactly set up for the 4 wheelers although some do go. Decent camping at birds too.

Hot Springs is not much further, starting to get into the half a day driving though... if you are going to drive half a day you better just plan on going to Clayton OK.
He lives in springfield IL just to let you know!
buggy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2009, 07:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Rock God
 
95steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Member # 14509
Location: North West Arkansas
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy79 View Post
He lives in springfield IL just to let you know!
ha.... crap, I was thinking Springfield MO... that reading thing got me again.
95steel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2009, 11:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Member # 65189
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6
95 steel, Since you thought it was Springfield Missouri, Where is this birds place you mentioned. I have family down in Russellville Ar, and will be going down there on route 7 to see them. i could take my CJ if I had somewhere worth going.
edster67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.