IndyORV Open Event 6/27 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes States
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 06:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 118067
IndyORV Open Event 6/27

IndyORV will be hosting our first open run at Badlands 6/27. Meet in upper parking lot at 9am and at least two groups (intermediate and advanced) will roll at 10am. If there's enough stockers show up, we'll make a beginner group. The number of rigs per group will be limited to 8, but we've got enough trail leaders to make more if need be.

INDYORV
is not a club.
has no dues.
has no officers.

IS a group of ≈ 35 intermediate to advanced wheelers who use the internet (IndyORV.com) to plan outings and generally bash and banter all day. Currently the forum is primarily Jeep, but open to anybody who enjoys wheeling at the Midwest's finest locations: Harlan, Redbird, Badlands, Cliffs, and Interlake with planned trips to Moab and Tellico, if it ever opens again.

Our second (and most likely last 09 open event) will be at Redbird in July...details forthcoming.

Post up here if you'd like to attend the June 27 Badlands event and we'll look for you.
Red_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 11277
i might be interested ill have to get back to you about it though in about a week.
jamescb77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2009, 07:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 128718
This is the list we have so far, taken from our site

Mascun - Shaggy - Green tj
Cowboy1629 - Steve - black tj
Jackbauersmom - Adam - orange Lj
Red Smoke - Jeremy - Blue/silver tj
Gary C - Gary - green tj
Indecision - Kyle - silver tj
Ijiti - Blue tj
Jeffro - Jeff - red yj - probably
her99tj - ashley - sparkley green tj
Tshawnob - Shawn - silver jk
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:34 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 11277
looks like a lot of jeeps. I won't be able to make it im going to do my first run a little closer to home since im pretty sure something will break
Old 06-24-2009, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 119995
You guys the group of ex-JGW dudes?
Old 06-26-2009, 08:50 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 133819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brads_nky_yj View Post
You guys the group of ex-JGW dudes?

Dude you know good and well who we are. When I asked the Club Questions about a certain group you were PMing certain members from JGW now in our group about how you didn't like the way we are doing things. You knew then. Move on.

Again, A President of Your own Club pulling this stuff. time to move on. As I said before, sign up to our site (you know the addy) and feel free to discuss any of your questions there.

Now back to the subject, looking forward to our first open event. Hope to see some new faces.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 133819
List so far:

Mascun - Shaggy - Green tj
Cowboy1629 - Steve - black tj
Jackbauersmom - Adam - orange Lj
Red Smoke - Jeremy - Blue/silver tj
Gary C - Gary - green tj
Indecision - Kyle - silver tj
Ijiti - Blue tj
Jeffro - Jeff - red yj - probably
her99tj - ashley - sparkley green tj
Tshawnob - Shawn - silver jk
Junior - brian - white tj
Hocky - John - safety orange tj
Goldtr8 - unknown - unknown
78treehugger - cj
Hotrod-hooligan - Rod - silver xj/riding
detroitmurph - red tj
cnelis24 - Craig - black tj
Old 06-26-2009, 07:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 11277
well it looks like ill be there but i won't be there until about 11 ill swing up and see if you all are still around or if there is another group forming. Ill be in a tan 4runner
Old 06-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 133819
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescb77 View Post
well it looks like ill be there but i won't be there until about 11 ill swing up and see if you all are still around or if there is another group forming. Ill be in a tan 4runner
I am going to PM you my cell number, call me when you enter the park and we will meet you up top by the air/ramp.

Cool?

this is me;

Old 06-26-2009, 10:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 119995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garydc View Post
Dude you know good and well who we are. When I asked the Club Questions about a certain group you were PMing certain members from JGW now in our group about how you didn't like the way we are doing things. You knew then. Move on.

Again, A President of Your own Club pulling this stuff. time to move on. As I said before, sign up to our site (you know the addy) and feel free to discuss any of your questions there.

Now back to the subject, looking forward to our first open event. Hope to see some new faces.
Gary, pull the balls out of your mouth and calm down fella. I see you whining both on here and JF. If you noticed, I posted this post on here before I posted on JF. I was just curious about your "group". I never PM'd ANY members of your little group of boyfriends, I talked to a few guys who arent in your "group". President of a club pulling what? Asking simple questions? I never knew you had a public area on your site till yesterday when I saw you said that. I had never been to the "addy" before. But I dont have any more questions about the "group", your attitude both here and on JF have clearly shown what kinda "group" you guys are. I'll steer clear of the IndyORV fellas.

Good luck
Old 06-27-2009, 11:35 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 127308
Send a message via AIM to Bennettj13 Send a message via Yahoo to Bennettj13
Quote:
Gary, pull the balls out of your mouth and calm down fella. I see you whining both on here and JF. If you noticed, I posted this post on here before I posted on JF. I was just curious about your "group". I never PM'd ANY members of your little group of boyfriends, I talked to a few guys who arent in your "group". President of a club pulling what? Asking simple questions? I never knew you had a public area on your site till yesterday when I saw you said that. I had never been to the "addy" before. But I dont have any more questions about the "group", your attitude both here and on JF have clearly shown what kinda "group" you guys are. I'll steer clear of the IndyORV fellas.

Good luck
To be clear, Gary is not the "leader" of IndyORV. There is no president or any of that bs. It's just a group of guys who like to get together and wheel and don't want to get caught up in the politics of being in a bigger club. Gary was just doing a favor by posting the event on a few different sites like any responsible old man would. Regardless of whatever personal beef you've got brewing with Gary, you could have at least been decent enough to not shit talk in someone elses thread when he specifically asked you to keep it elsewhere. Which is what is keeping everyone spinning their wheels and arguing. Keep the gay jokes to yourself, and quit acting like a 5 year old. It's not helping anything. Take it to PMs if you've got a beef with an individual, it's much better than showing your ass in public.

I was genuinely looking forward at one point to the possibility of doing a run or two with your club in the future as there are a few guys there that seemed cool, and we are all close enough to wheel together at some similar locations, showing each other the ropes of our respective stomping grounds. This seemed like a great way to get out and get to know some more wheelers, and see some other places to wheel safely and without going blind into a situation. I thought it would be a great reason to drive a little farther, and see some new shit. But I am actually more glad that this has happened now so that I know just what you are all about. I am disappointed, not that it matters to you, but the fact remains. I will most assuredly not be wheeling with you or your group at any point here soon, nor will I direct anyone towards you or your club as I had previously. If you are the president of a club, you need to act like it. Right now, you aren't acting like anything more than a child.

I am part of no club, and while I did used to be a part of JGW. I am not a member of them any longer. And as such, I, along with the others, don't wish to be associated with them, mistakenly or otherwise. A large group of us left JGW for a reason. And for the most part, we've remedied our problems by doing our own thing. Most of us still have a few friends within JGW and hopefully will be able to wheel with them again some day. My best friends helped to start IndyORV, so I went with them. I am a member of the website. It's a good group of guys despite what you'd like to paint them to be based on your limited knowledge of the people involved. Grow up dude. Man up, and act like an adult in a position of authority representing a club. You are giving your own group a bad name by acting like this. By all means, please do "steer clear" as you said, until you can better handle interactions with other groups.

For anyone else, come to the open events and judge for yourself. I promise you'll have a blast wheeling with some of the best guys you've ever met. Aside from that, don't let yourself get caught up in club drama. It's never worth it. Ever.

I'm done. Thanks for reading,

James

Last edited by Bennettj13; 06-27-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 119995
Thanks James! Im done here, I never originally came here to fight or argue, that was started by your friends. I asked questions and was attacked. If you wish to continue please PM me and I will gladly give you my cell, or visit our club site and post up what you like.

Again, like I said before, good luck with your group guys. Maybe one day when all the drama is over we'll meet on the trails.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:41 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 11277
I can tell you one things this is a good group of guys i have never wheeled with them before btu they knew i was coming and found me and let me tag along with them all day. I had an absolute blasy with you guys today and hope to do it again. All in all it was a very good first experience for the badlands and indyorv
Old 06-27-2009, 08:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 133819
Talking

Had fun today with you (jamescb77) and your buddy today, thanks for showing me up on Red, lol. 21 miles of trails with 10 rigs has great. I threw the towel in at 530. it was time for Robbies.

After you left Adam in the orange jeep had a few issues and had to take the back roads to indy, actually it wasn't so bad. Poopy, I just remembered you will there, lol... That's how we roll.

Brad if your club and our group ever have the same dates at BL or Redbird we need to roll together.

Good day, a little to drunk to do pics right now(someone drove me home).

later Toyo dude, good times. Sign up to www.indyorv.com so we can keep in touch

later

GC
And yes I am an old man, 56, lol...
Old 06-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 104949
Thanks man, it was good wheelin' with you, you impressed all of us when you said you hadn't had a rig in 6 years? 9 years?(I can't remember which) Hope to have you out with us again!
hot_rod_hooligans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:55 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 11277
ill for sure be out with you guys again i signed up on IndyOHV so i can keep in touch.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:59 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 133819
Talking

I am sure more will fill in the blanks.

http://www.indyorv.com/phpbb/viewtop...p=10923#p10923
Old 06-29-2009, 12:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Playin with it

Member # 97574
Quote:
Gary, pull the balls out of your mouth .....I never PM'd ANY members of your little group of boyfriends...
Quote:
Im done here, I never originally came here to fight or argue, that was started by your friends.
[cough] bullshit [cough]

Don't give it if you can't take it you insulting hypocrite...
Old 06-29-2009, 08:06 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 119995
Awesome post man
Old 06-30-2009, 05:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
Playin with it

Member # 97574
Quote:
Awesome post man
1000's x's more awesome than your rig...

And dude, I'm really sorry about the previous post. I'll try to remember to keep my posts directed to you written at a 3rd grade reading level like we do our instruction manuals at work, so you can understand what I'm actually saying...

Last edited by ROXROES; 06-30-2009 at 06:17 AM.
ROXROES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:08 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 119995
Even better post You think you hurt my feelings? Keep trying grasshopper.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:27 AM   #22 (permalink)
Playin with it

Member # 97574
Quote:
Keep trying grasshopper.
FAIL - Kiss my yankee ass...