Pirate 4x4 banner

Wi

22K views 153 replies 84 participants last post by  chevy79k5 
#1 ·
whos frome WI o here just looking to see who is local to me.

#70 ·
Arlington, WI

Just moved here from Washington, the state. Buying a house in Arlington, WI. Need connected to the scene. Parts, shops, people, runs etc.

“If it rolls, floats, flies or shoots, runs on gasoline or gunpowder, goes fast or shoots a big bullet and makes lots of noise, thus producing torque and recoil — it’s cool.”

#72 ·
Just moved here from Washington, the state. Buying a house in Arlington, WI. Need connected to the scene. Parts, shops, people, runs etc.

“If it rolls, floats, flies or shoots, runs on gasoline or gunpowder, goes fast or shoots a big bullet and makes lots of noise, thus producing torque and recoil — it’s cool.”
Heres some links for ya..

http://www.wohva.com/

http://www.wi4x4.com

http://mw4wda.org/

Scroll down & you can find clubs by you

http://mw4wda.org/member-clubs-2/

#73 ·
I linked up with a jeep club called legendary civilian keeper group and went out on one small trail ride with them and a few meetings. Not too sure of anywhere else to wheel near here. Where in Sparta u live? I'm up behind the cemetary. If you seen I'm in a 4 door JK on 37's.

#75 ·
i live over by the mathews bow plant. we run some of the trails on south post of ft mccoy. nothing to hard but a few small mud holes alot of gravel to explore if they are not training in the area that day. my sammi is currently on 26s but needs brake work at the moment. also its worth the ride to the milston/jackson county area about a half hour from us

#76 · (Edited)
Live in Merrill, Wi, grew up in Mountain, WI literally 15 mins from the Pipeline so I used to be out there almost every weekend, parents and brother live in Appleton, WI. I'm always looking for new places to wheel and people to wheel with and more than willing to help out with wrenching on or building vehicles.

James

#77 ·
I'm from Houghton up in da yoop. I live in Fond Du Lac now, but I sold my wheeler to buy planets for a monster truck.

#82 ·
We live in Plover from May to mid Oct and then to AZ for the winter. There is nothing in WI that can compete with the 60+ trails within 50 miles of Phoenix. I get spoiled during the winter and it's a let down to go back home in the spring. Apple Valley offers some challenge on the Red trail, but it's a different type of crawling. Moab has it's challenging spots, but I haven't seen anywhere that compares to some of the extreme trails in the SW like Table Mesa, Florence Junction and Johnson Valley.(KOH) I'm sure there are other areas too, but I haven't been there yet. my son goes to Dresser every year with a group, but he agrees that nothing compares to the SW rocks.

It's too bad WI doesn't offer more areas, as there are a lot of people looking for somewhere to go, but it's mostly private land and few land owners want their back yard torn up. Oh well, we go home in a few weeks, and I'll start counting the days till we go back to Moab and AZ.

#85 ·
One of the first jobs I had was a pop route out of Madison to Lake Geneva. I delivered the first stocking order of soft drinks to the Abby when it opened in the spring of 1963. I was 20 years old with a baby and I'm still married to the same bride. That seems like two lifetimes ago. :)

#89 ·
Wisconsin Wheeling

Hi, Trey from Sun Prairie, WI and I belong to Four Lakes Four Wheelers if you guys and girls from Wisconsin need people to wheel with, join are club we have a few private land owners around southern Wisconsin with awesome land and also go to Apple Valley, Cliffs Insane Terrain, Ma and Pa Rockers, and Northwoods Overland. 4l4w.org check us out and have fun.

#90 ·
Hi, Trey from Sun Prairie, WI and I belong to Four Lakes Four Wheelers if you guys and girls from Wisconsin need people to wheel with, join are club we have a few private land owners around southern Wisconsin with awesome land and also go to Apple Valley, Cliffs Insane Terrain, Ma and Pa Rockers, and Northwoods Overland. 4l4w.org check us out and have fun.
I was able to go to Olson's farm last year and had a great time. 3 1/2 drive from Wausau but well worth it. Had a great time there and look forward to going again someday.

#97 ·
new here from River falls WI. been going to dresser memorial weekend for the past 4 years. looking to find some new area's. Was really interested in the northwoods overland park but it says on there site memorial weekend was there last weekend. they will be shutting down? anyone know anything about this?

#102 ·
Just moved to Waukesha from beautiful Wyoming. :(

I wish I knew of some places around here to go wheeling, all I've heard of so far is the Pipeline Trail on the north end of the state. I know there's gotta be something around... I've seen a few trailered rigs on the highway near Madison.

Just finished my bed bob so I'm dying to find something!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.