Halawa Valley cultural access and tour - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Islands and Territories
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 106728
Halawa Valley cultural access and tour

Aloha everyone,
Underneath the H-3 freeway, Oahu this Saturday, May 1st. 8:45am - 1pm

I will be doing a cultural tour and access in Halawa Valley Heiau complex underneath the H-3 freeway. Lunch will be provided, but its local style and you might want to bring a little something to share. Its free, and its a good way for us to contribute to the community. We will be doing a little bit of work on the site, usually clearing of invasive species/weeds from the area. Time for everything is from 8:45am to about 1pm, including lunch. Expect to be working for about 1.5 hours, prior to lunch.

Directions to the site are as follows.

get to Halawa Valley road, Drive in until you reach Hawaiian Cement. Turn into Hawaiian Cement, stay left going mauka until you reach the gate, enter the gate and follow the paved road going parralel to the freeway, stay on paved road until you reach parking area infront of Heiau complex.

we could also have a meetup at the front part of Hawaiian cement if there is larger group coming.

For those who are curious, I have my B.A. in Hawaiian Language, and my M.A. in Hawaiian Studies with a focus in Malama ‘Aina: Hawaiian Perspectives on Resource Management and Mo‘olelo ‘Oiwi: Native History and Literature. My graduate piece was on Halawa Valley itself and its caretakers. I will post up again for future dates as they become available.

please PM me for more info or if you would like to attend
Davez Off-Road #1 for all Toyota Needs, even to Hawaiʻi !!!

Last edited by mauidogg; 04-26-2010 at 11:46 AM.
mauidogg is offline   Reply With Quote