Got my first Toy - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Islands and Territories
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 89761
Got my first Toy

So this is my first Toy I've own, friend left it at my house and became mine. It one 92 extra cab 4x4 with da 3.0 V6, 250000 miles, with one 3" body lift, tube bumper and roll bar. The truck run good, choke new parts but, has get power till hit 5th. I like da fact stay save money driving um compared to my 76 F.100 with a big block and my built 02 Powerstroke.

What I need help with is I just put one set of 33" mud terrains on it cause I had them laying around and the truck really has lost power. Da BFG all terrains dat came wit em stay balla head. Is there anythings I can do fo give it some more power with out swapping the engine or gears? Kinda stay hard fo find 4.88's used anymo and I no like go 5.29's yet cause I gonna keep da 33's till I lift da truck or SAS.

Also the truck rides ruff, my 76 ridding like a shirt I can live with but this truck is newer and it rides worse. I don't want to do a sas swap yet, money is tight I still in college. I've priced out a new set of Rancho shocks, are there betta shocks to go with instead? Also my other friend gave me a set of Sway Away torsion bars he had from his 94 Toyota he sold are these a better upgrade from the stock? Or should I just give in and do da SAS I get one 85 front axle I picked up a few years back for a steal, thought I'd sell um fo a pretty penny but may stay betta in da front of my toy

Tanks for da help! The dam truck is fun and has done betta den iI though would! Already have plans for one supercharged 3.4 swap and linked SAS once I graduate and have money!
fordman808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 78331
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman808 View Post
Is there anythings I can do fo give it some more power with out swapping the engine or gears?
Put the stock rims and tires back on it. With bigger tires you're gonna have to regear it. You can buy two sets of 4.88/5.29s with install kits for $400.
dirtchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links