Pirate 4x4 banner

What Club Was At The Moonrocks Last Weekend???

4K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  rockwrangler 
#1 ·
WAS IT THE R.O.K.O. GROUP???I WAS TOLD THAT A LARGER GROUP(6-10 RIGS) OF WHEELERS WAS OUT THERE THROWIN TRASH OUT OF THEIR RIGS LIKE IT WAS NO BIG FAWKIN DEAL,SEVERAL CAMP FIRES GOING(THAT WERENT EVEN COVERED BACK UP WHEN THEY LEFT!!!!(I WAS ALSO TOLD LOTS OF TRASH LEFT BEHIND???WTF???)

I AM GOING OUT THERE TOMORROW TO SEE FOR MYSELF!!!!ILL POST PICS!!!

:mad3: :mad3: :mad3:

#3 ·
Who ever is doing this crap are a bunch of idiots:flipoff2: Who the hell do you think you are to come up to our wheelin spots and trash them!!!!!:mad3: :mad3: :mad3:

Hopefully we find out who it was, and if its the R.O.K.O. group, I think you will be invited back up for our Moon Rocks Clean-up...

#5 · (Edited)
WENT FOR A RIDE THIS MORNING....

HERE IS WHAT I FOUND.....

THE GARBAGE IS MAINLY IN JUST A COUPLE ISOLATED AREAS.....USUALLY WHERE PEOPLE CAMP....:mad3: AND THE GRAFFITI IS BACK TOO!!!!(NOT DONE LAST WEEKEND!!!!)

I THINK A COUPLE HOURS AND A FEW PEOPLE WOULD HAVE IT CLEANED UP.....

WHEN AND WHO IS GONNA GO DO THIS????NEXT WEEKEND???

#8 ·
#15 ·
we had a total of two rigs in our group.there was alot more rigs than our group there nobody with rigs were trashin the only people makin a mess was people just out there to party and split first thing in the mornin.
A guy that was out there riding his bike told me,he didnt say what group but since you and the other group had posted about going,and there was alot less trash the weekend before(since I was there then)it came from somewhere......

As I said in the first post he told me he witnessed the "trashin" going on.

If it wasnt you then this post should piss you off as much as me and everyone else,what other exteme crawling place on the west coast can you back your trailer up to the rocks and play???Camp for free???

If this area gets closed not only will the crawlers be out one of the easiest to access hardcore areas but a cool place to ride a dirt bike and atv.

I am planning to go out there next saturday morning and pick up trash until my long bed is full.Anyone is welcome,if not Ill get as much as I can......

If the BLM sees this area clean then they know some people give a fawk,and might just want this to stay open....

#16 ·
i hear ya about people not givin a fawk about anything but themselves. everybody loves this place and but not everybody is willing to take care of it.just like alot of stuff so yeah it sucks but its left up to us who give a flyin fawk.pointing fingers aint gonna help. the stupid will still be stupid.
so yeah im down to clean some shit up on the 28th of april post up or pm me.

#18 ·
What i dont get is, if you seen the "kids" that left the mess and the "kids" where gone in the morning but the mess was still there, why did you guys leave it? I mean you say you are down to come and help clean up "my" backyard but, You diddent even help clean it up when you where there:flipoff2:

#20 ·
we tow for four to five hours and have one day to wheel.don't mind cleanin up some but you could spend all day if you wanted to.We dont exactly live down the street. If theres a day planned to clean then you can make a trip to clean. Too fawkin far to try and do the best of both.

#21 ·
:mad3: The place definately looks like hell.:mad3: I will be there Sat April 7th 9am, to help collect trash,and will work with nvduckdog so we can do another sandblasting operation.

#22 ·
I talked to Fran Hull (B.L.M.), She is faxing a liability release form and sign up sheet. I'll send her the signed release tomorrow morning. They are very appreciative of our continued efforts to do the right thing.
I'm waiting on two return phone calls, to secure sandblasting equipment (shouldn't be a problem).
When I went by our yard today, it looked like we were low on blasting sand. So if your coming out this saturday bring a bag of washed sand. They can be had @ Basalt on Greg st. or any Lowes store. Last time I checked Home Depot, they didn't carry washed sand.:D

SEE YA THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#27 ·
Its great to see you guys jump on this soo quick, good job! I wish I could have made it up there today to help.

MoonRocks (Hungry Valley) is my favorite place to wheel. Everyday I'm there I spend the morning coffee time picking up trash, mostly to get the recyclables cause I'm cheep, but everything I see gets picked up and packed out. So please belive that not all of us Cali foke come up there, trash the place and leave. I do have to say though, that every time I'm out there I see a big group of local kids (with no rigs) come out for atleast one night to just party. Thats no big deal, but the huge amount of trash they leave along with the still burning fires suck. So maybe a little (local party kid) education on "taking out more then you bring in" is in order as well as asking out of towners to do the same.

Anyways thanks again for the clean up,:smokin: and post some pics of the work that was done today.

#28 ·
Not to bust balls but when I heard about it ,I was told that it was a wheeler doing the deed.I never said they did it all......But we were all stupid kids once,and did stupid things(not that being young is an excuse at all).But, my point was that any wheeler should know better,with all the closed trails ,restricted trails,greenies and general off-road haters,its not hard to know right and wrong!!!!

#29 ·
Now big thanks to all who participated in this clean up today!!!!Here are the pics of before and after......

BEFORE GRAFFITI....

AFTER!!!

BEFORE TRASH...

AFTER TRASH...

THANKS UNITED CONSTRUCTION,FOR BRINGING THIS AND MANNING IT TOO...

SAND BLASTING WAS A BIG PART OF THIS CLEAN UP.....ONE LAST PIC OF THOSE GUYS GETTING IT DONE!!!!

The BLM came out and observed the work done by all today,took some pictures and thanked everyone who helped.

#31 ·
Great job there guy and girls!!!:blender: I'd like to find the taggers and put the spray paint can where the sun don't shine. Fellow wheelers who see people doing shit need to speek up. Thats the only way were going to get this shit to stop.

Again Great Job

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.