Reno street racing? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Nevada
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2008, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 50098
Reno street racing?

Is there still street racing "In the summer" in reno?
[CENTER][FONT="System"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Orange"]Copperhead Fab[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE="3"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Red"]MY BUGGY BUILDS[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER][url]http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406196[/url][/CENTER]
[CENTER][url]http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=569339[/url][/CENTER]
crawldaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 23843
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawldaddy View Post
Is there still street racing "In the summer" in reno?
THERE IS.... JUST DONT GET CAUGHT!!!ITS SPENDY IN THE END.....TRUST ME!!!IF YOU ARE TALKIN $$$ RACES,THEN YOU NEED TO BE "IN THE KNOW" BECAUSE THEY ARE QUICK AND QUIET....NOT LIKE THE IMPORTS,THAT HANG OUT 100 DEEP AND RACE "FOR THE FUN OF IT"
Old 01-13-2008, 08:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
III

Member # 2032
There was an article in this months Hot Rod about some guys that rent out a runway and run the "flashlight drags" I think it was in Reno.

Last edited by Chris; 01-13-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 84916
Location: UNDER THE BIG BLUE SKY AND ON TOP OF THE BROWN DIRT
I know that during the summer months Reno~Fernley Raceway opens up part of their road course for street legal drags, check their schedule for dates, it's usually on fridays tho'. www.reno-fernleyraceway.com (I think that's the link)
[QUOTE=Lance;13866829]I mean fucking seriously.. do you people think I'd do something like this just because I thought the fucking bullshit drama some of you would try to stir up would be fun for me to deal with? Sometimes I hate you people. :flipoff2:[/QUOTE]

:evil:
MightyRAM_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 2203
Send a message via Yahoo to 1SAWB
there is tons. do it all the time
1SAWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 2203
Send a message via Yahoo to 1SAWB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyRAM_97 View Post
I know that during the summer months Reno~Fernley Raceway opens up part of their road course for street legal drags, check their schedule for dates, it's usually on fridays tho'. www.reno-fernleyraceway.com (I think that's the link)

psssssttttt the money races here start after everyone leaves the track and they turn the lights back on and go for it sssssshhhhhhhhhh
1SAWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 50098
I'm pretty sure they dont let you run cars in the 9's at that strip
[CENTER][FONT="System"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Orange"]Copperhead Fab[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE="3"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Red"]MY BUGGY BUILDS[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER][url]http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406196[/url][/CENTER]
[CENTER][url]http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=569339[/url][/CENTER]
Old 01-20-2008, 04:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 82073
Send a message via MSN to sublime8396 Send a message via Yahoo to sublime8396
ya they still run around reno i was going every weekend for awhile you just gotta keep an eye out and dont get caught even watching you get a ticket operation (dragnet) is a load of shit lol
sublime8396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 89600
friends camero goes 8.70 @167 at that track sssshhhhhh dont tell anyone
Old 01-25-2008, 03:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 77176
Send a message via Skype™ to sierravalley
I think they do it over on Spice Island in Sparks. Always used to see burnouts and other crap there.
sierravalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 80941
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime8396 View Post
ya they still run around reno i was going every weekend for awhile you just gotta keep an eye out and dont get caught even watching you get a ticket operation (dragnet) is a load of shit lol
The police trying prevent a bunch of retarded kids from killing some poor bastard who happens in their way is a bunch of shit??? I could care less if they wanna kill themselves, but keep it out of my neighborhood. Which it used to be ( so. Meadows Pkwy.) Funny how it let up after a couple of friends and I parked our trucks at the end of that strip of road one night. I've had the little window lickers f&*k with me a few times, one even followed me home! Bright idea........
Go to the track for F*&K's sake.
H2ORodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 50098
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ORodeo View Post
The police trying prevent a bunch of retarded kids from killing some poor bastard who happens in their way is a bunch of shit??? I could care less if they wanna kill themselves, but keep it out of my neighborhood. Which it used to be ( so. Meadows Pkwy.) Funny how it let up after a couple of friends and I parked our trucks at the end of that strip of road one night. I've had the little window lickers f&*k with me a few times, one even followed me home! Bright idea........
Go to the track for F*&K's sake.
Easy there "cowboy" I dont thing i'll be running a 9 sec. oK mid 8 sec. car on the street. I was just wondering, thats all.

Last edited by crawldaddy; 01-25-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:21 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 80941
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawldaddy View Post
Easy there "cowboy" I dont thing i'll be running a 9 sec. oK mid 8 sec. car on the street. I was just wondering, thats all.
Riiiiiiiight.
H2ORodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 84916
I quit the street racing thing shortly after I got my CDL, it was fun but not towards the end, most kids are retarded nowadays, I watched them race side by side with a 3rd and 4th car right behind the main cars real close, that's stupid... then the ocassional shout of hey he's got a gun !!! Ape I bet you remember when we used to drag on edison way ?? then spice island, or coney... the last race was on corporate, with my red camaro before I moved out here, and there was a short stint over on glendale where summit is.... those were good times...but racing now is best suited on a track under safer conditions...( they do still drag down harmon rd. in Fallon)...SierraV they haven't dragged on spice island since the carger/challenger rammed into the wall (I was working for ConWay back then and watched him run his car then heard the boom and I had just completed a run in my car heading to work...that was about 7-8 years ago this summer...
[QUOTE=Lance;13866829]I mean fucking seriously.. do you people think I'd do something like this just because I thought the fucking bullshit drama some of you would try to stir up would be fun for me to deal with? Sometimes I hate you people. :flipoff2:[/QUOTE]

Old 01-29-2008, 09:16 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 23843
Quote:
I quit the street racing thing shortly after I got my CDL, it was fun but not towards the end, most kids are retarded nowadays, I watched them race side by side with a 3rd and 4th car right behind the main cars real close, that's stupid... then the ocassional shout of hey he's got a gun !!! Ape I bet you remember when we used to drag on edison way ?? then spice island, or coney... the last race was on corporate, with my red camaro before I moved out here, and there was a short stint over on glendale where summit is.... those were good times...but racing now is best suited on a track under safer conditions...( they do still drag down harmon rd. in Fallon)...SierraV they haven't dragged on spice island since the carger/challenger rammed into the wall (I was working for ConWay back then and watched him run his car then heard the boom and I had just completed a run in my car heading to work...that was about 7-8 years ago this summer...
Before the imports the cops would sit at the end of edison and just watch....as long as it didnt get outta hand they just watched.....(granted there was only 30 cars their also)

After going to jail for street racing I decided a SUB-SUB 10 second car on the street was either gonna get me or someone else killed.Kinda miss the BIG $$$ races in nor-cal though......MMMMMM-SLEEPER!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 12:28 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 84916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
Before the imports the cops would sit at the end of edison and just watch....as long as it didnt get outta hand they just watched.....(granted there was only 30 cars their also)

After going to jail for street racing I decided a SUB-SUB 10 second car on the street was either gonna get me or someone else killed.Kinda miss the BIG $$$ races in nor-cal though......MMMMMM-SLEEPER!!!
I remember those nights !! I also remember a '69 Camaro racing against an old guy in a Ferrari 308, and the persuit that commenced after that one, then RPD telling everyone shows over and don't come back...(we hung out at Cue and Cushion for a bit then headed back with the 'PO-'PO still harrasin the dude in the Camaro...Them were the dayz... Did you ever race on Corporate ?? '99-'00 ?? and do you remember a dude namned Justin with a Dodge Dart sportin a built 440 !! real fast (wanted to race me !! (I promptly declined) sub 10 VS. 13+ PEG LEGGED THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN BRUTALLY EMBARRASING !!!!

Old 02-01-2008, 11:16 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 89600
Quote:
I remember those nights !! I also remember a '69 Camaro racing against an old guy in a Ferrari 308, and the persuit that commenced after that one, then RPD telling everyone shows over and don't come back...(we hung out at Cue and Cushion for a bit then headed back with the 'PO-'PO still harrasin the dude in the Camaro...Them were the dayz... Did you ever race on Corporate ?? '99-'00 ?? and do you remember a dude namned Justin with a Dodge Dart sportin a built 440 !! real fast (wanted to race me !! (I promptly declined) sub 10 VS. 13+ PEG LEGGED THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN BRUTALLY EMBARRASING !!!!
Was that a big tire car? if so we spanked him out is sticks three times. That was with two differant cars also !
Old 02-01-2008, 11:19 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 89600
Mightyram97 do you remember BADBURNS CAMERO?
Old 02-01-2008, 12:21 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 23843
Quote:
I didnt make it out to alot of reno races other than to scope out what other people had....Was the dart purple(or black)???I remeber one that was extremely fast and scared most players as soon as it was fired!!!!

Between stockton and oakland and even a couple races in san diego...there was more than enough $$$ races to not really show what ya had to everybody!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 08:54 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 33754
Did anyone of y'all race a white 67 cougar?
Old 02-03-2008, 12:00 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 84916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
I didnt make it out to alot of reno races other than to scope out what other people had....Was the dart purple(or black)???I remeber one that was extremely fast and scared most players as soon as it was fired!!!!

Between stockton and oakland and even a couple races in san diego...there was more than enough $$$ races to not really show what ya had to everybody!!!
Back then it was the baby shit yellow with some primer spots and a black cowl induction harwood hood, he had monsterous slicks out back and it was brutally fast, only one other guy would race him and he had a blown sbc '66 chevelle, he used to work at summit, he ran the chevelle without the hood, and it was a small blower, I can't remember his name right now, it was primer gray.

I wasn't the fastest out there but it was fairly quick for what I had into it, I really could have used a locker and softer tires and it would have been a ton better (not to mention better valve springs...)

Justin was kinda tall with reallllllly long hair, and he wore glasses, really cool dude and he chuckled when I said, NAH,I'LL PASS !! (Besides I don't think he would have been happy if I whooped his ass (Yeah Right!!)

Last edited by MightyRAM_97; 02-03-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:04 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 84916
Quote:
Originally Posted by cblood View Post
Did anyone of y'all race a white 67 cougar?
Not that I could recall, there was an orange and black '70 Cougar with the plates saying XLR8... That was one fast cat !!!He beat up on quite a few guys on Spice Island back then... That one was a definite sleeper...

Old 02-03-2008, 12:06 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 84916
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordori View Post
Mightyram97 do you remember BADBURNS CAMERO?
not that I can remember what year/color ?? maybe that'll help rattle my melon...

Old 02-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 85796
His 68 camero was red w/400sbc. Also micky had yellow 68 firebird.
BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:47 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 33754
sorry wrong year ('69) and his plates say "thacoug"

Last edited by cblood; 02-04-2008 at 06:48 PM.
cblood is offline   Reply With Quote