I may be moving to Vegas, little info needed - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Nevada
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 44308
I may be moving to Vegas, little info needed

I've applied for a trasfer with my company to Vegas, so I'm starting to look at good locations to live etc.

Is there such thing as living "rural" in vegas? if so, what are the good areas? I've heard that up blue diamond into the mountains is good, does that sound right?
Do most subdivisions have HOA Covenants BS? Of course I want to be able to use my garage as a shop and don't want to be told I can't.
If anyone knows of a particular house for rent/own feel free to send me a pm with the info.
We are looking for a smaller house 3bdrm or so, garage/shop. About a grand a month or less as I want to buy at some point and not waste too much on rent. And, I'm working on a new buggy so min rent is best
Thanks

98' 12v, qclb, lots of fun parts. No rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
Only more government can fix problems of too much government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolou View Post
LS motors are like tampons....every VAG has one!
https://www.facebook.com/ArmedLibertarians
wheelin66bronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2010, 01:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
TK Member

Member # 84917
I live off Blue Diamond, In the Mountains Edge master planned community. DON'T move into Mountain's Edge!!!!!!!!! This place is terrible, they bitch about everything you do!!! Stay away from anything with HOA dues if possible. The HOA'S are usually very strict and are like living in a prison. Anyways, there are some nice areas in the Southwest. There were a lot of custom homes built out here in the 90's, and your close to some pretty decent wheeling. Another option would be in Henderson. There are a lot more homes built outside of HOA community's there. To give you a graphic of the area i'm talking about, mapquest Henderson NV. That will give place a red star on the map. Zoom in a little bit. Now from the point where the 515 freeway and 215 freeway intersect, draw a box south and east from there. the area inside the box is a good area. Hope that helps, if you have any Vegas questions, pm me, or ask here and I will do my est to get you an answer. Good luck with the move.
blugreenformula is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 121028
I have to agree with bluegreen, I'm currently trying to find a place to do serious wrenching on my rig since I was bitched at by the HOA for welding a new battery box into my rig...some dumbass neighbor called in saying I was trying to burn their car down and set the complex on fire....so no more welding for me.
But in places to move down here, Henderson would be a good spot just stay away from Summerlin since thats going to be more than you want to pay also stay away from the eastern side of the strip since that gets a little nasty at night...If its a gated community they probably will bitch if you wrench let alone keep fabbing a buggy.
Good luck man, and if you want PM me with anything you need to know.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Molon Labe
[/CENTER]
[QUOTE=Thomas Jefferson;] The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. [/QUOTE]
okkool77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 28836
Housing market here is like a lot of other places, big crash. There are a lot of oportunities for purchase right now. If you look into the IRS refund you can get 8500 dollars towards your taxes if you purchase before the credit runs out. You may want to get in touch with a realtor and have them look for you.
moonshadowmetals is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2010, 11:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 21121
If you don't have a realtor yet your welcome to give my wife a call.
she's been a realtor for ten years and knows the area well.

Kathrine Little
kl-homes.com
Old 04-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 71928
I live in Henderson no H.O.A drink beer out front weld wrench test drive buggy up and down street at 10 pm no problem oh and drink more beer..

A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free
State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be
infringed.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson
moab bump is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2010, 05:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 95810
If I were you I'd try to hit up some of the "older, nicer" neighborhoods. My mom and dad live up by Valley and Craig. There some real nice ranch style places with plenty of room to build a shop in the back and plenty of places to expand. And best of all NO ASSOCIATION!
Old 05-01-2010, 08:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 64922
Henderson is where its at, i live off racetrack rd and boulder hwy. we drive out side by sides, sand rails and all kinda shit around my neighborhood. someday i hope to have my own rock buggy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.